Easter Egg Dog Tag — Did not receive dog tag

by LazzaTheLobster

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Easter Egg Dog Tag — Did not receive dog tag

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm posting the issue here given I can't seem to get answers anywhere.

Last night I spent well over 9 hours completing the Easter Egg quest in which you earn a very rare dog tag upon completion.

On the very last morse code message you receive from the radio (mine was on Suez) the light on the top left of the radio is blue (cyan to be specific)

This is important because it indicates I have done everything right up until this point. 

Following along with various detailed content posted on both youtube and online threads the encrypted message is the same message given to all players.. Simply informing them that they have reached the end of the quest and to receive there dog tag they need to make there way to the balcony of the wind mill on Giants Shadow.

However when I do this, the dove flies over me and I do not receive my dog tag!!

I also do not hear the triggered dramatic music you get when successfully completing each quest.

So far my feedback from technical assistance has been to wait 24 — 48 hours to see if the dog tag is just delayed.

However I do not believe this is the case given what I mentioned previously.. I do not trigger dramatic music you get when successfully completing the quest.

Now, well over 15 hours since first completing the end of mission I have since tried going back to the radio on Suez and I get the same encrypted message I was before.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, have I missed something? has EA added an extra step to the process that I am missing?

Cheers

LazzaTheLobster

Message 1 of 8 (2,806 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Easter Egg Dog Tag — Did not receive dog tag

★★★★★ Novice

Found the answer guys! after some further research on the final puzzle.

There is in fact a bug where the dove flies through you and does not deliver the dog tag.

To fix this you simply shoot the dove as it is approaching you and you will finally unlock the dog tag.

Sounds silly and at first I thought it was a troll but it actually worked!!!

Good luck guys and thanks for the help.

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (3,072 Views)

All Replies

@LazzaTheLobster wrote:

I'm posting the issue here given I can't seem to get answers anywhere.

Last night I spent well over 9 hours completing the Easter Egg quest in which you earn a very rare dog tag upon completion.

On the very last morse code message you receive from the radio (mine was on Suez) the light on the top left of the radio is blue (cyan to be specific)

This is important because it indicates I have done everything right up until this point. 

Following along with various detailed content posted on both youtube and online threads the encrypted message is the same message given to all players.. Simply informing them that they have reached the end of the quest and to receive there dog tag they need to make there way to the balcony of the wind mill on Giants Shadow.

However when I do this, the dove flies over me and I do not receive my dog tag!!

I also do not hear the triggered dramatic music you get when successfully completing each quest.

So far my feedback from technical assistance has been to wait 24 — 48 hours to see if the dog tag is just delayed.

However I do not believe this is the case given what I mentioned previously.. I do not trigger dramatic music you get when successfully completing the quest.

Now, well over 15 hours since first completing the end of mission I have since tried going back to the radio on Suez and I get the same encrypted message I was before.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, have I missed something? has EA added an extra step to the process that I am missing?

Cheers

LazzaTheLobster

@LazzaTheLobster since this is a community driven self help site nobody here can unlock the dog tag for you. Your best bet is to follow up on your ticket with support and also post your issue over on the bug report forum here:  http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/battlefield-1-bug-reports-en

Regarding the possibility of the missing step, I think that you most likely did everything correct if the light turned cyan but the absence of the music says something didn't register - but that is speculation on my part.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 8 (2,781 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks Ragnar! I will try posting this same information on the Bug Report Forum

Message 3 of 8 (2,777 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Try waiting on the windmill to the front left of german spawn, if that doesnt work use the one on the right. If that doesnt work use the one behind german spawn.

If that doesnt work contact support.

Message 4 of 8 (2,766 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Found the answer guys! after some further research on the final puzzle.

There is in fact a bug where the dove flies through you and does not deliver the dog tag.

To fix this you simply shoot the dove as it is approaching you and you will finally unlock the dog tag.

Sounds silly and at first I thought it was a troll but it actually worked!!!

Good luck guys and thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 8 (3,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie
this is happing to me also. jus finished all steps but pigeon flies through me without giving tags. tried 4 times
Message 6 of 8 (2,730 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi one4themoney2,

I solved the issue and resolved answer above, good luck!

Message 7 of 8 (2,385 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the dogtag Large smile thx guys

@LazzaTheLobster wrote:

Hi one4themoney2,

I solved the issue and resolved answer above, good luck!

Message 8 of 8 (1,776 Views)