Re: "there was an error uploading your photos and generating your game face

by koruptkoffee

Original Post

EA Sports GameFace 502 Bad Gateway error

★★★ Newbie

Hey there.
Not sure if this is the right place to bring up a back-end issue, but theres about a million forums and I cant find any direct way to report an issue through gameface.

I'm able to make my gameface through https://www.easports.com/gamefaceweb/, however when I reach the final step to create it, I get an error message: "There was an error uploading your photos and generating your Game Face. Please try again."

Inspecting the network log I'm getting a 502 from a POST to https://www.easports.com/gamefaceweb/api/save-photos/1

Note: I'm using this service from Melbourne, Aus.

Message 1 of 6 (3,616 Views)

"there was an error uploading your photos and generating your game face"

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to create my game face but this error "there was an error uploading your photos and generating your game face" keep appearing. I used Chrome, Explorer, and Firefox and the same thing happen right before it is done.

Message 2 of 6 (3,730 Views)

★ Novice

I had this issue and the only fix that worked for me was switching my browser from Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox,

the photos and gameface upload without any troubles in doing this, i don't know why it doesn't work on Google Chrome.

Message 3 of 6 (3,696 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It maybe a error caused by the size of the picture you have chose or taken, try to edit the photo and make it bigger or smaller, depending on the size. This should solve your problem.

Message 4 of 6 (3,592 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having same issue today, tried Chrome, Firefox & Safari. Every time I get to step 5 and click create my face it results in "There was an error uploading your photos and generating your Game. Face. Please try again." The markers all show up fine, everything is placed according to the guide but it just doesn't generate. 

Message 5 of 6 (3,549 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. I am using MacOS and have tried all browsers I know: Safari, Chrome, Firefox etc.. All latest versions. I have tried JPG, PNG formats and all my images are 960*1280 pixels. I am getting the same error. I do not know what to do. This is obviously their back-end problem not ours.

Message 6 of 6 (3,003 Views)