EA Help Desk is NOT an answer

by Cool_Cat_Exiled

Original Post

EA Help Desk is NOT an answer

★★★ Newbie

Madden 2018, two step verification nonsense, sent code to old phone number when EMAIL should be the option.  EA and Origins are the SAME thing.  I need to access my ORIGINAL account.  Cool_Cat_X is that account.  I cannot find any legitimate help with this.  I need an EA tech support person to contact. Telling me to go to EA Help is pointless.  I need some info here.  Cool Cat X been my gamer tag for many years.  Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (228 Views)

Re: EA Help Desk is NOT an answer

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Hi! So, actually EA Help is the answer because this forum is full of players like you. We don't have access to your account information, and the forum managers aren't going to message you over this website with sensitive information. 

EA and Origin ARE one and the same and EA tech support is also part of EA Help. EA Help has several different branches of support within it, like account help, tech help, and in-game help. 

When you set up login verification, you were given a set of backup codes for this exact reason. If you lost access to your phone, email, etc, you could use the backup codes to go to EA.com > Account Details and edit your login details. If you do not have those backup codes, then EA Help is the only place that does have those codes and you will be required to contact them.

I've even gone through the trouble of making a ticket for you, just fill in your details and how you prefer to be contacted: Here you go!

Message 2 of 5 (217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried this option ... the page comes up blank when prompting to choose a support option .. 

Message 3 of 5 (203 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Sorry, I was AFK! You may need to try a different browser or device or clear your cache. The website looks fine for me on my PC

Message 4 of 5 (195 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Cool_Cat_Exiled,

steps:

What if I don't have my phone or email handy when I need a code?

If you lose your phone, the authenticator app fails, or you cannot access your email address, backup codes are the only way to sign in to your EA Account from a new device. You can view and renew these codes from the My Account: Security page.

1. From EA Help, click Accounts, then Account Security.
  2. If you need to, log in to your EA Account to open the My Account: Security
  3. Click View next to Backup Codes.
  4. You will see a list of backup codes. Keep this list in a safe, accessible place.

If you are unable to do so I would advise you to get in touch with our support  as called out by @CitrusViking, you can try so by clicking on this link: Help.ea.com 

Thanks,

Roger.

Roger.png
Message 5 of 5 (171 Views)