Dragon Age: Inquisition Black Screen then Crash

by fabiangonz98

Original Post

Dragon Age: Inquisition Black Screen then Crash

★ Novice

I've been trying to find a fix for this issue around the board but can't seem to find anything on it. The game basically launches into a black screen for a few seconds, then the cursor changes into the in-game cursor, and then it just crashes on me. The three fixes I kept seeing was to edit the NVIDIA Experience properties for the game (which didn't work for me), update graphics card driver (which mine should already be updated), and to make an exception on AVG (I don't use or have AVG). Anyone have any clue on how to fix this issue? 

System DxDiag

Hastebin DxDiag Report

Message 1 of 8 (2,107 Views)

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Black Screen then Crash

Hi, @fabiangonz98

There are some USB driver issues on your system:

Windows Error Reporting:
+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: PnPGenericDriverFound

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: x64

P2: USB\VID_1532&PID_0053&REV_0200&MI_00

P3: 

P4: 

P5: 

P6: 

P7: 

P8: 

P9: 

P10: 

+++ WER1 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: PnPRequestAdditionalSoftware

Problem signature:

P2: HID\VID_1532&PID_0053&REV_0200&MI_01&Col05

P3: 10.0.0.0

P4: 0409

P5: input.inf

P6: *

P7: 

P8: 

P9: 

P10: 

+++ WER2 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:

P2: HID\VID_1532&PID_0053&REV_0200&MI_01&Col05

P3: 

P4: 

P5: 

P6: 

P7: 

P8: 

P9: 

P10: 

+++ WER3 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:

P2: HID\VID_1532&PID_0053&REV_0200&MI_01&Col02

P3: 

P4: 

P5: 

P6: 

P7: 

P8: 

P9: 

P10: 

+++ WER4 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: PnPRequestAdditionalSoftware

Problem signature:

P2: HID\VID_1532&PID_0053&REV_0200&MI_01&Col03

P3: 10.0.0.0

P4: 0409

P5: input.inf

P6: *

P7: 

P8: 

P9: 

P10: 

It is highly possible the game needs this driver to run properly as gamecontrollers like mouse and keyboard are often dependant on this driver.

I advise to install the right driver for your device first and see if this solved the problem.

Please keep us informed and good luck.

Message 2 of 8 (2,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@fabiangonz98

In addition to AVG, other AVs cause it, including Avast.  Beyond that, a Quadro is not a gaming card at all, especially not a laptop version of a Quadro, sorry!  

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
       Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
   Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
  Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 9/28/2016 7:00:00 PM, 40213960 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: Yes
          Card name: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: Quadro M2000M

https://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=607&gid2=14&compare=Nvidia%20Quadro%202000M-vs-Nvidia%...

The comparison immediately above doesn't strike me as particularly accurate.  Once you have sorted out the potential AV conflict, set all graphics options to the low- middle part of the range to start with, to see how your Quadro acts when you play the game, and make adjustments from there (this relatively "old" game doesn't demand the very high performance parts like many other newer games do).  

P. S.  In order to read the replies here, you have to set up a subscription to be notified when to return, or just drop back in and locate the thread to check it.  If you receive a notification that any member here, or any CM, has "mentioned" you in a post, it means we named you with the "@" symbol so you'd know we were posting something in your message thread. 

Message 3 of 8 (2,064 Views)

@fabiangonz98, @Gorath_the_Elder

Performance

As the exact clock speed of the M2000M is still not known, we can only speculate on the performance of the card. However, we do know that it is a mid-range model from the mobile 2015 Quadro line based on the same chip as the GeForce GTX 960M or 950M. Therefore, it should be faster than the old Quadro K2100M.

source: https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Quadro-M2000M.151581.0.html

If it's based on the GTX 960M or 950M it should meet minimum specs although I won't vouch for it... Quadro's are indeed not known for their gaming capacities.

Message 4 of 8 (2,058 Views)

That crash immediately to desktop is also a sign of your laptop trying to use the Intel graphics chip instead of the bigger Nvidia chip....but like others have said, the Quatro is sold as a business workstation chip for CAD(computer aided design) and the like.  It isn't really designed for gaming and while it may have the horsepower to work, it isn't really designed to do so.  I would double check your settings and maybe even look onto the Intel sites and see if you have a good driver for the intel chip to run DAI better, and make sure you machine is switching over to the Nvidia chip.  Reason for the driver update to Intel, is usually these systems start on the intel and then switch over to the Nvidia, or even use both, causing issues with gaming.  Honestly if you want to game, I would suggest investing in a good desktop or gaming designed laptop( I think desktops are better if you want to game).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 8 (2,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Thanks, @mcsupersport,

Fairly often, a new member never acknowledges any reply and we never know if they returned, without calling up their profile to see the last log-in/out.  This particular thread is one that "needed" the OP author's response, however, I have the feeling that he / she went somewhere else also, and sorted things out there, so now will never be back here again.

Message 6 of 8 (2,028 Views)

Hi, @fabiangonz98

Feedback please.

Message 7 of 8 (2,001 Views)

★★★ Novice
DOPE-PLAYAH

I had the same problem too where the game attempted to load but quit without any error message.  My fix was to delete the entire Mod folder located at:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch_ModManagerMerge

Afterwards I ran DAI Mod Manager again removing any mods that were conflicting and clicking the "Force rescan of Patch" check box in Options section.

That fixed everything, no more crashing upon game load. Apparently the Patch_ModManagerMerge folder somehow got corrupted, so deleting it solved the problem.

Message 8 of 8 (1,011 Views)