Draft Champions Solo Freeze During Game

by tealtown_mg

Original Post

Draft Champions Solo Freeze During Game

★★★ Novice

I was playing a Draft Champions Solo game against the Tampa Bay Lightning, I just scored a goal, but the ref was signaling no goal, so they went to review, turns they counted it. In reality, it probably should not have counted as my player hit the goalie, but hey I'll take it. This put me up 6-0 in the first game of the Draft Champions 4-game leg.  After the review I paused the game and went into replay to record a video clip of the goal, partly because I was curious if it was goalie interference and partly because I thought it bounced off the face of my player, which is a running gag my team has in EASHL, so I was going to show them.  

So I hit save clip on the PS4 side menu, went into replay and saved the portion I wanted to show.  Hit circle to return to the game. A black box with the following phrase "Waiting For User" showed in the upper right corner of the screen just below the NBCSN logo. A white triangle inside a black circle was at the top and center of my screen. The game froze with no pause menu or anything. 

I tried to press and hold PS4 button thinking my controller got disconnected somehow. Nope, it was fine, still couldn't get the game to unfreeze.  So they only thing I could do is close application and launch it again. So I did that. It started up fine, and I went into HUT, then to the Draft Champions screen and low and behold I've been given a 3-0 Loss.  

I probably would have advanced to the second game, now I have to redraft a team, but I'm hesitant to play this mode and/or HUT if it's going to keep having issues. Just a month ago I posted here about the HUT blank menu screen.  I'm not as frustrated by that because it doesn't necessarily cost me potential rewards where this issue does.  

I don't know what you can do, but if it helps I do have video proof I was up 4-0 and proof of the 3-0 Loss I got due to the freeze causing me to relaunch the game, and can provide it if necessary.

Edit: Somehow this first ended up in Madden NFL 16, instead of NHL 17, but hopefully it's in the right spot now.

Message 1 of 1 (483 Views)