Re: Download keeps stopping on sims 4

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Download keeps stopping on sims 4

★★★ Newbie

My download constantly keeps stopping due to origin connection problem been doing this for the past hour???

Message 1 of 20 (15,837 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

@b1f2a8ed34b4c45e What exactly happens when the download stops? Do you get any errors or does the download pause without resuming? 

We have a rather large set of steps that could help with Mac connection/download issues in the following post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/MAC-Troubleshooting-and-Information/td-p/5371637#M205380

Let us know how you get on!

View in thread

Message 6 of 20 (17,282 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Please make sure that your Origin is running with Administrator rights. Also please remove and re-add your firewall and antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports.

Message 2 of 20 (15,739 Views)

★ Novice

I have been trying to download my Sims 4 for mac for 3 weeks. I left my mac on and kept re-starting and it is only now at 59%. I am going crazy.

Message 3 of 20 (15,371 Views)

EA Staff

If your download keeps restarting or going backwards, please enable Safe mode downloading in Application Settings - Advanced (Origin menu in the top of the Origin client).

Message 4 of 20 (15,361 Views)

★★ Novice

How do I prevent my Sims 4 download from stopping on a mac?

Message 5 of 20 (14,741 Views)

EA Staff

@b1f2a8ed34b4c45e What exactly happens when the download stops? Do you get any errors or does the download pause without resuming? 

We have a rather large set of steps that could help with Mac connection/download issues in the following post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/MAC-Troubleshooting-and-Information/td-p/5371637#M205380

Let us know how you get on!

Message 6 of 20 (17,283 Views)

★★ Novice

it just says downloading 0gbytes/sec and doesn't resume. it stays on 0 until i force quit origin then start it back up again and resume then it starts downloading quicker (400-800 Gbytes/sec) but slowly slows down to 0 again.

I'm going to attempt uninstalling then reinstalling origin right now.

Message 7 of 20 (14,726 Views)

EA Staff

@b1f2a8ed34b4c45e Let us know if that doesn't resolve the issue!

Message 8 of 20 (14,719 Views)

★ Novice

Mine wont download either, been trying for about two weeks just keeps saying calculating and and 0 B /sec have tried re-installing, and turning on safe download mode but nothing is working 😫

Message 9 of 20 (14,035 Views)

Community Manager

@Renee_191000

Did you try all of the other troubleshooting steps posted above by EA_Kristi?

This is a slightly older thread, are you on Mac or PC?

barry.png
Message 10 of 20 (13,998 Views)