Re: Does Mac/Win download mean that a game is digital downloadable on either a Mac or a PC

by teddywhoo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does Mac/Win download mean that a game is digital downloadable on either a Mac or a PC

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I have installed the Origin Mac and just found that the words "Mac/Win download" is printed on the page of The Sims™ 3 Ambitions. But on Amazon.com, that expansion pack can only be digital downloaded on a PC. So if that means I can download the pack though the Origin to my Mac?

Message 1 of 7 (2,327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Does Mac/Win download mean that a game is digital downloadable on either a Mac or a PC

★★★★ Pro

Yes. 

Also, you could purchase the Amazon PC download (especially if it's cheaper!) but not download it from Amazon.  Take the serial code Amazon gives you and add it Origin.  Then Origin will let you digitally download in whatever format you want and you can then download the Mac version for your computer. 

I have a Mac and a mix of Sims 3 EPs and SPs from Amazon and Origin so I speak from experience. :D

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (2,418 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro

Yes. 

Also, you could purchase the Amazon PC download (especially if it's cheaper!) but not download it from Amazon.  Take the serial code Amazon gives you and add it Origin.  Then Origin will let you digitally download in whatever format you want and you can then download the Mac version for your computer. 

I have a Mac and a mix of Sims 3 EPs and SPs from Amazon and Origin so I speak from experience. :D

Message 2 of 7 (2,419 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks a lot.

Message 3 of 7 (2,316 Views)

★★★★ Pro

You're welcome.  If you have any issues with it, just ask and I'll see if I can help.

Message 4 of 7 (2,315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I'm sorry to bother you again, but I still have some questions: How to add the game's series code to Origin or where is the place that I can add my game's series code? I found only the "Buy Now" button on the game's page and the "Check Out" button on the Shopping Basket page but a place to add a series code.

Message 5 of 7 (2,306 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Download the Origin client if you don't have it.  There has a direct link to it:  http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/644084.page

This is a separate application you install on your computer. 

Once you have that follow the instructions for "Redeeming your game code in the Origin client" in this article:  https://help.ea.com/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin

Message 6 of 7 (2,301 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have found the "My Account: Redeem Product Code"; thank you.

Message 7 of 7 (2,295 Views)