Disappearing Houses on Willow Creek

by fozzieflipper

Original Post

Disappearing Houses on Willow Creek

★ Apprentice

When playing willow creek I am unable to play some of the houses.  As soon as I go into the lot the house disappears, this only occurs on Willow Creek.  I have completed a fresh install and it does work on a fresh install but not from a save game.  I moved a new house from the gallery and began changing it but again when I attempted to play it disappeared. 

Message 1 of 10 (654 Views)

Re: Disappearing Houses on Willow Creek

Champion

@fozzieflipper, do you have any Custom Content (CC) or Mods?  If you do, you can try taking those out of your game temporarily and see if that fixes the problem. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 10 (643 Views)

★ Apprentice
I have custom content on other worlds but it's only Willow Creek that is the problem. I can play other lots on other worlds but not Willow Creek
Message 3 of 10 (632 Views)

Champion

Even so, you still need to try it without the CC just to make sure it isn't that.  CC & mods often get out of date, and even if you don't have any in your Willow Creek houses, it is still in your game.  While it might not be the CC that is causing the problem, most of the people who can help you would still have you check, since it is always the first step when something goes wrong for players who have CC & Mods. Usually nobody can help  you until you rule the CC out of the possibilities for the cause your problem. Wink

Message 4 of 10 (621 Views)

★ Apprentice
Ok thanks both. How would I go about disabling/removing CC. Is it as simple as switching it off in the options? I ask because I have a selection of houses from the gallery and whilst I try not to download CC inevitably sometimes houses contain them
Message 5 of 10 (610 Views)

Champion

@fozzieflipper, While I don't play with CC in Mods in The Sims4 (for this very reason Frown ), I did use CC in TS2 and TS3, but the removal process is different than what I had to go through for those.  But here is a link that explains how best to go about it for TS4.  I understand the 50% Method (located about half way down the page) is the key to this process, but it is best to follow all the instructions above that.  It is tedious, but this is supposed to be the easiest way to go about it. Wink

Here is the link:  http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

You could also try to repair your game through Origin, and then if the Willow Creek houses still disappear, then try temporarily removing your CC.  But from what I've seen in most cases most problems are CC/Mods related anyway.  

Best of luck, and please update us on your findings! Standard smile

Message 6 of 10 (595 Views)

★ Apprentice
Thanks I'll try that and let you know
Message 7 of 10 (585 Views)

Hero

Hi @fozzieflipper

did you have any luck solving this ?

Do only the houses disappear or the whole family ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (556 Views)

★ Apprentice
Just the houses, the families were still there, on an empty lot. I have a back up of the saves so I will probably back track to find the issue, but not had time to do that so far
Message 9 of 10 (549 Views)

Hero

Hi @fozzieflipper

it's quite a known issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/INFO-REQUEST-Houses-Lots-disappear/td-p/4620279/jump-to/fi...

If you have backups from before it happens, QA will sure be glad to get their hands on them, if it happens again.

See the linked thread for more information.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (542 Views)