DirectX Error (Virtual Memory) [PC]

by mwc12000

Original Post

Re: DirectX Error (Virtual Memory) [PC]

★★★ Apprentice

Hey man,are you playing with enabled origin in game? I have same crash when i'm trying leave battlefield 1(if origin in game working)

Message 11 of 18 (1,983 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have MSI Afterburner but I'm not sure how to go about checking if its overclocked.

As for the Nvidia Forums hotfix, I tried it and it didn't seem to work as I got an error loading into a game.

Message 12 of 18 (1,970 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nope, Origin In game is disabled for BF1 and in general.

Message 13 of 18 (1,969 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Does anyone know of a solution?

Message 14 of 18 (1,938 Views)

Do you run Geforce experience??  Does it have any optizimations for BF1??  Does it have an game overlay, similar to Origin's and if it does Disable or exit it and see if it makes any difference.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 15 of 18 (1,929 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I do have Geforce Experience but I don't optimize BF1 with it. I think I have tried it disabled before and it didn't work but I'll try again to make sure. 

Message 16 of 18 (1,915 Views)

★★ Apprentice

After many attempts to get the game to work and checking this forum daily (https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/38131/directx-function-error-nvidia-still-no-fix-do-...) I have come to the conclusion that this is most likely a problem within the game that DICE will have to fix rather then something wrong with my computer or NVIDIA and its drivers. I also will occasionally the device removed error but virtual memory/ out of memory is still the most prominent. Several things I discovered were that if I kept the game loading after an out of memory crash (not loading a menu but rather a level) and I did not close the error message then I would load into the level and it would be fully playable however, the ground's texture would be completely invisible and I would get frequent lag spikes. After playing a bit like that I decided to see what would happen if I left the game and joined a different server and it loaded and the match played fine with no missing textures or lag spikes to my knowledge. After that in mid match I tested to see what would happen if I pressed ok on the error box and when I did so it said Battlefield 1 has stopped working as it usually does. The current way I play it is usually after a fresh startup I launch it making sure programs like steam are not open and origin is not open in the background. I load up match without clicking anywhere else even to change a metal and then I can play. It still has a VERY high chance of crashing even with that. I would really like to be able to play it normally and not have to worry about whether or not I'm going to be greeted by a DirectX Error if I try to utilize to many features of the game before or after I join a game. I have to do a launch just to open battlepacks alone and then restart to play the game. Like I said before I am pretty sure this is the games problem as I have no other problems anywhere close to this one and a huge amount of the community is having various errors of the same type. I'm sure this is something DICE will have to fix and I hope they do in their next patch. I know this site has no contact to them so I ask that if you know how to get in touch with them you report this error. If I'm wrong and someone does have a solution please make sure to reply and tell what it is, Thank you. I will leave this thread open for anyone who may have a solution or suggestion.                   

Message 17 of 18 (1,896 Views)

★★ Apprentice

After upgrading to Windows 10 I was able to play multiple matches of Battlefield 1 and 4 with no crashes at all. It seems my issue is finally resolved.

Message 18 of 18 (3,767 Views)