DirectX Error (Virtual Memory) [PC]

by mwc12000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DirectX Error (Virtual Memory) [PC]

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I get a DirectX Error Virtual Memory crash almost every time I play. It will crash on launch most of the time when I play it after my PC's been on a while and I have to restart it in which it will launch. It will crash every so often when I play the multiplayer usually on the loading screen and it will crash every time during a cut scene in the campaign. At one point the single player campaign ran fine for the most part with only an occasional crash however now I can't get it to work at all and I have tried it on more then one chapter's cut scene. At this point I can usually get the multiplayer to run without crashes as long as I don't attempt to open a battle pack between levels or switch to the loading screen instead of the match summary. However there is always a chance it will crash regardless. I have tired increasing my virtual memory, disabling the Origin overlay, going into the advanced options and setting it to limit the GPU memory usage, and many more fixes people have used in the past. I have most of the recommended system specs and the two I am missing (Graphics card and OS) meet the minimum requirements. My Nvidia drivers are out of date by one update (as of now) however I have used the latest and they don't change anything. This problem has occurred since I first got the game (I pre-ordered deluxe edition and played the early access).

My specs are:

Windows 8.1 64 bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz

32.0 GB of RAM

A screenshot of the crash is below.

If anymore info is need I will send it.

Message 1 of 18 (6,079 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DirectX Error (Virtual Memory) [PC]

★★ Apprentice

After upgrading to Windows 10 I was able to play multiple matches of Battlefield 1 and 4 with no crashes at all. It seems my issue is finally resolved.

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (3,758 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I would start with the following:

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 18 (6,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello @mwc12000

I am sorry for those troubles with the game. Can you check the solutions, our users came up with in this thread on the similar issue? 

Keep me posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 3 of 18 (6,047 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have tried that solution before and it didn't seem to work. I have increased the virtual memory up to 100GB-200GB at one point but it didn't change anything.  

Message 4 of 18 (6,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This crash only really occurs during menu/level switches. For example it crashes on launch to menu, menu to level, level to menu, level to level, and occasionally it will crash when switching tabs on the menu. Other games such as Battlefield 4 and Star Wars Battlefront work fine other then the extremely rare DirectX Virtual Memory crash that occurs only if I tab in and out of the games several times but never in menus, launch, or game play. Something about loading levels and the menu crashes Battlefield 1.  Again if anyone knows or has another post with the solution please tell me. Thank you.

Message 5 of 18 (5,965 Views)

Have you tried adjusting your video settings in game, dropping Vsinc and video levels a bit and seeing if it makes any difference??

You state it meets min specs for vid card, but are you running at min level in vid settings or higher??  Try manually lowering them, don't use the auto adjust, and look at items that would specifically stress cards such as processing, vsinc, saturation, etc..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 18 (5,922 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Changing the settings to low makes the crashes more infrequent but does not eliminate them entirely. I tried playing the campaign which usually crashes every time and I was able to get though most the cut scenes however the game is still crashing every so often for the same reasons. Again the crashes only occur when loading levels or the menu. It never crashes during the game or campaign.    

Message 7 of 18 (5,903 Views)

Are you running dual(SLI) 970s or a single card??

Asking because I noticed two listings in the DX file and each had a different resolution ratio...one was 1600x900 and other was 1440x900...  just seemed odd.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 8 of 18 (5,879 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No, I have two monitors that have different resolutions hence why you're seeing it. I have tried unplugging my second (the 1440x900) but I didn't stop the crashes so that's not it. And to my knowledge I have a single card. 

Message 9 of 18 (5,874 Views)

Link to Nvidea pages with details on driver update and crashes similar to yours

Is your card overclocked at all??  Even a factory overclock??  If so, then reduce it back to stock if you can and try it out.

Message 10 of 18 (5,870 Views)