Re: DirectX Crash After Installing New AMD Drivers

by EA_Barry

Original Post

DirectX Crash After Installing New AMD Drivers

★★★ Novice

I am having an issue launching NFS. I recently bought the game during the last sale, which happened to be the same day I updated my graphics drivers, and I launched the game for the first time after installing the new drivers, and am now getting this error on start up, followed by the game crashing completely.

My system specs are as follows:

Also of note, my graphics card is an AMD Radeon R9 295x2, despite it showing up as two 290x's. In addition, Mass Effect Andromeda exhibits a similar issue.

I have tried rolling back my drivers to the last stable version after doing a clean uninstall of the current ones, and NFS did not exhibit the same issue, it just simply CTD'd  immediately on start up with an error message. Also, with the rollback, Andromeda asked for the more recent driver, stating that this older one may cause instability issues, but from what I've seen, there are more issues with the newer driver.

I also have tried disabling crossfire, origin in-game, vsync settings, and trying to force borderless AND windowed mode, none of which have worked.

I am at a serious loss and am only finding myself more and more frustrated. Please, any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 9 (518 Views)

Community Manager

@DeerTraxArt

Can you retry posting the image please, maybe add it directly to your post.

Additionally, your specs do not show in your post, adding your Dxdiag report will help in this regard.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 9 (505 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for getting back to me. On this message I will attach the error message and the first two images of my system specs, and I will attach the other system specs images in a second reply (the system only seems to allow me to attach a max of 3 files). Also, of note, I've come to find out that the graphics drivers seem to have affect most of the games on my computer, including those from other developers and publishers, so I would understand if this is an issue you aren't able to help with and if I need to go directly to AMD about this now.

Message 3 of 9 (497 Views)

★★★ Novice

And here are the other two images:

Message 4 of 9 (495 Views)

Community Manager

@DeerTraxArt

Can you first download the following drivers, specific to your setup:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

Then, use this uninstall utility to remove your current drivers:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

Then install the newly downloaded drivers from above.

Reboot and test your situation, then if the issue continues, please post your full Dxdiag report as detailed in the previous link.

Thanks again.

barry.png
Message 5 of 9 (489 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am still having the issue after the clean uninstall/reinstall. Attached is the requested DxDiag information. To supplement it, my motherboard is an ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0

Message 6 of 9 (483 Views)

Community Manager

@DeerTraxArt

Do you happen to have custom firmware on the GPU or are you using any graphics injector like Sweet FX or similar?

barry.png
Message 7 of 9 (477 Views)

★★★ Novice
I do not. I do have three monitors hooked up - 2 samsung monitors and a cintiq drawing tablet - and I did a little reading and from what I gathered, there is a problem with this latest driver when running games with multiple monitors connected. However I still could not find a fix for it.
Message 8 of 9 (473 Views)

Community Manager

@DeerTraxArt

Hmm, it could be your Cintiq tablet is causing an issue. For testing purposes can you uninstall and disconnect that and let us know if there is any change please.

I have just seen a drawing tablet related issue today: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Unable-to-install-origin/m-p/6027441

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 9 of 9 (467 Views)