Re: Direct X issue on launch

by EA_Joker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Direct X issue on launch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Not able to launch the game. The Direct X error showed.

"DirectX Function "createInputLayout" failed with DXGI_Error_Device_Removed ("The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred."). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M", Driver: 38253. This error is usually caused by the graphics card crashing; try installing the latest drivers. Also, make sure you have a graphics card with at least 2 GB."

My GPU driver is already the latest, DirectX version as well. The launch option have "-novid -noborder -windowed" on the Command line arguments section but not helping at all. 

The NVIDIA control panel set to run the game in high performance. 

Computer stat:

CPU: i5-6300HQ

GPU: nvidia 960M 4GB ram

RAM: 16GB

I am using two monitors. I tried to switch to single monitor but did not solve the problem.

I cannot run BF4 as well which was playable some year before and i can not even see the error message.

I had attached the DxDiag file @EA_Joker

Message 1 of 6 (2,294 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Community Manager

Hey @DreamFade,

thanks for the DxDiag file, that might help.

First of all, you are using an old build of Windows (10586) where the current one is 15063, you might want to update this.

The other thing you should try is setting up a new Windows user account and make this an admin account. Here's how to do that.

Then reboot your PC, log in as the new user and try to launch the game again.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (2,923 Views)

All Replies

EA Community Manager

Hey @DreamFade,

thanks for the information provided - to get a better insight to your system as well as find out what the root cause might be, it'd be great if you could create and attach a DxDiag file. This article shows you how to do so. Feel free to tag me (@EA_Joker) once you've done so.

Message 2 of 6 (2,278 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @DreamFade,

thanks for the DxDiag file, that might help.

First of all, you are using an old build of Windows (10586) where the current one is 15063, you might want to update this.

The other thing you should try is setting up a new Windows user account and make this an admin account. Here's how to do that.

Then reboot your PC, log in as the new user and try to launch the game again.

Message 3 of 6 (2,924 Views)

★★ Novice

Solved after updating Window, thanks a lot. @EA_Joker

Message 4 of 6 (2,248 Views)

EA Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @DreamFade, great news!

Then enjoy the game, and if there's anything keeping you from playing, you know where to look for help.

Have a great day.

Message 5 of 6 (2,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar issue. 

DirectX function "CreateInputLayout" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occured. "). GPU: "Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080", Driver: 39101. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. Also, make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 512MB. 

Message 6 of 6 (1,830 Views)