Dev: Cert check failed! Check Origin build

by samarjitsharma

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dev: Cert check failed! Check Origin build

★★★ Newbie

Hey there, I've just bought the Mass effect 3 game from a store. After installation of Origin it give an error message saying - Dev: Cert Check failed! check origin build. I've restarted my Pc as well as run origins as administrator , but the error persists. Please advice. ASAP

Message 1 of 9 (11,522 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dev: Cert check failed! Check Origin build

Community Manager

If you were using the Origin installer from the disc, please uninstall Origin again and then go to http://www.origin.com/download and get the latest release version of the Origin client. Run the installation as administrator (right-click and select Run as administrator), then launch Origin again and let us know if it works now.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (11,708 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

If you were using the Origin installer from the disc, please uninstall Origin again and then go to http://www.origin.com/download and get the latest release version of the Origin client. Run the installation as administrator (right-click and select Run as administrator), then launch Origin again and let us know if it works now.

Message 2 of 9 (11,709 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much! i was having a similar problem

now i can play my games! :D

Message 3 of 9 (11,370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same proplem too but in crysis3 .... now i fix it thanx for all of you

Message 4 of 9 (10,202 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey guys. Fix is rather simple. 

1) Manual Un-install Origin. Use Revo or something simmilar to clear up left over files and reg keys.

2) Download Origin Installer www.Origin.com

3) Do not install to defualt location. Create a new Folder, Origin 2 or something simmilar under Program Files X86. 

4) Install to the new location. 

The Default directory, is corrupted for some reason. Changing the install location fixes it. 

Message 5 of 9 (8,810 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was about to reunistall it but it said it would corrupt my games

Message 6 of 9 (6,753 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 9 (4,477 Views)

★★ Novice

I just wanted to say a huge thank you for your advice.  I had downloaded two Sims 4 stuff packs and couldn't for the life of me get Origin to download them.  I'd restarted my laptop and account so many times, uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.  Then I saw your message about using Revo (I'd never heard of such programs) and it fixed my problem straightaway.  Now I have the content I paid for successfully downloaded.  Thank you very much for your fantastic fix! 

Message 8 of 9 (4,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Spoiler

i cant launch for some odd reason

Message 9 of 9 (2,177 Views)