Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG - Titanfall 2 Crashing Issue

by EA_Archi

Original Post

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG - Titanfall 2 Crashing Issue

★ Novice

I've been playing Titanfall 2 almost since it came out, and I love it. The recent Frontier Defense update got me really hooked in the game once more, and I've been enjoying it thoroughly. What I can play of it, anyway. 

As it stands right now, I can very rarely make it the entire 5 waves of Frontier Defense before the game freezes, crashes, and gives me a "DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG" message. This crash sometimes occured when I played the PVP multiplayer, but that was somewhat bearable. It certainly sucked big time when it crashed mid-match, but I made do. However, I am almost completely unable to play Frontier Defense, which vexes me considerably. 

I've done everything. I've updated drivers, I've changed my options. Other players have the same issue, and I tried their methods, including changing settings to default, restarting the game, and then returning it to my own settings upon restart. I've raised and lowered settings all over the place, none of which helped. I've lowered my resolution significantly, which did nothing. 

I've been told that it's a problem with AMD GPUs in general, and I have an AMD GPU, so this would make sense. However, this makes the game almost completely unplayable. I've played Singleplayer many times, and I've been playing Multiplayer forever; I want to play Frontier Defense. I cannot. 

Any and all help would be appreciated. I know this error is semi-common, and it's been addressed a lot, but many of the "fixes" that apparently helped other people has not helped me. 

Message 1 of 3 (1,730 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @RoosterTheRed 

I am really sorry for those issues with the game. Can you check this thread here for the possible solution and let us know, if the same workaround is applicable to your game? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 3 (1,668 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Good day everyone,

I recently bought your awesome game Titanfall 2, too. However I am experiencing the same problems as mentioned above.  Today I will try to start the game within the clean boot and contact you afterwards.

Cheers!

My specs:

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: 8GB HBM2 Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooling PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1800x standard

Motherboard: ASUS Prime X370-Pro BIOS@0902

RAM: DDR4-3200 2x16Gb Dual Channel @2100 MHz A2 and B2

PSU: be quiet! Z1-750W

Operating System & Version: Windows 10

GPU Drivers: 17.9.3

Chipset Drivers: AMD PCI 1.0.0.29

Background Applications: Firefox, Driver Booster 4.5, Open Hardware Monitor, AI suite 3

Description of Original Problem: Game crashes

Troubleshooting: Tried installing older GPU drivers and used an older BIOS version

Message 3 of 3 (1,559 Views)