DX11 Renderer::tryMap failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED - game crash

by davestr1zl

Original Post

Re: DX11 Renderer::tryMap failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED - game crash

★★★ Newbie

@kim-habiak hey sorry i'm asking sir,

what did you do until the problem is solved???

this is so important to me because i try everything but nothing Frown

Message 11 of 32 (14,918 Views)

Community Manager

@jalall13 It's been a while since he posted, but hopefully we can help. 

To double-check have you tried all the steps on this page?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Crysis-Games/DXGI-ERROR-DEVICE-REMOVED/m-p/1146054#M8435

Can you post a link to your dxdiag?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 12 of 32 (14,908 Views)

★★★ Novice

i followed all the suggestions i got from EA-David. that helped a lot but it didn't completely fix the problem. you probably have to lower the graphics quality in order to get better performance. the last thing i did befor i finnaly got it to work was to set the computer at performance instead of visual performance. 1. go to windows system on your computer, 2. "change settings", 3. go to "advanced", 4. on "performance" go to settings, 5. then you set it at "adjust for best performance". after i did that i had no problem playing without dx error or lag. I hope this might help

Message 13 of 32 (14,862 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello!

Have the same issue. Already thinking about switch PC to PS4 or something... I started to get this errors after BF4 last update and BF1 the same...

Please advise what should I do.

Message 14 of 32 (13,886 Views)

★ Novice

got the same error......i have a r9 380...beta was just fine but after the latest patch i cant even start a game -.-
i want my money back or a fixed game!!

no one of the shwon solutions work for me.....this was a funny game

Message 15 of 32 (13,663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

FYI: no one here on Answer HQ is responsible for any game code patching, nor for any aspect of the business of creating, distributing, selling, or refunding of game products.  The various game developers are reputed to show up on EA's own regular gaming forums occasionally.  We have never seen anyone of that sort here.  

There are links on many of this website forum (edited: add "pages") leading to the game guarantee semi-automatic refund, but from the context in your message, the time limit for that has passed, so you must complain here: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/m-p/2161...

Message 16 of 32 (13,655 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@swoff07 

You had addressed the community here at Answer HQ about matters well outside of any responsibility here, and have received the appropriate referral to the correct website. 

Message 17 of 32 (13,562 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My friends! I have this problem too in Battlefield1! My videocard is R9 380X! Please help me!

Message 18 of 32 (13,548 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Greebanoff 

Personally, I only know of one major cause, which is a corrupted driver file, and one basic fix, when that is the problem.  ragnarok013 gives out a link to a Utube video file. 

I suggest removing the graphics driver with DDU and allowing that utility to clean the registry, then it will reinstall the driver totally clean. 

Hey, there @ragnarok013 -- tell the member where to go? 

Message 19 of 32 (13,456 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

As I've commented to this thread, low end video hardware can cause problems, and using a laptop, but failing to control the discrete GPU's activation is a common problem (I won't recommend using laptops for gaming.  The screens are small, the keyboards awful, the cooling is deplorable, and the power supply bricks are short-lived). 

Other than that, if you have a high end desktop GPU, the answer I gave Greebanoff is all I have! 

Message 20 of 32 (13,368 Views)