Custom Content not showing up in The Sims 4

by Evans_Lilly515

Original Post

Re: Custom Content not showing up in The Sims 4

★★★★ Guide

Go to game options>Other>click enable custom content and mods>click script mods allowed>apply changes and restart the game hope it helps 

Message 51 of 219 (6,720 Views)

★ Novice

OMG...THANK YOU so much for this!!! I've tried everything other forums suggested but this fixed it! You are a life saver!

Message 52 of 219 (6,589 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My problem is similar, but not the same. I removed all cc from the subfolders, and just had them in the mods folder, all that needed to be were unzipped and the zip files deleted, so everything is a .package file. When I open my game and it tells me what custom content I have downloaded, everything is there, I have no mods because they cause problems in my game on my old computer so I didn't want to mess with them, and script mods are enabled anyways. When I go into Creat a Sim all that custom content is there, but when I click on it doesn't show up on my sims even though I downloaded the mesh. I don't know if this is something to do with what I did or just that the cc is glitched. If you have any idea whatsoever please help.

Message 53 of 219 (6,555 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I turned it on but it's still not working

Message 54 of 219 (6,527 Views)

Hero

The option in your game options is turned on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 219 (6,515 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello. I'm having a similar problem with The Sims 4. None of the above advice helps in any way.

1. I have removed all .package files from their folders, and all are now sitting directly in the mods folder.

2. I have enabled mods, CC and script-mods.

3. I have ensured both the game and Origin are fully up-to-date.

4. I have restarted the game numerous times after making change No. 1, to make sure that it wasn't because of a restart requirement.

None of these affected the total absence of my custom content at all.

Upon game launch, the Mods/CC pop-up screen does appear, and notifies me that the custom content I installed has been detected.

However, when I enter CAS, none of the custom content shows up.

I have no custom content that is not CAS related, so I cannot test for the same problems in Build mode; I do not have any mods installed either.

Please assist.

Message 56 of 219 (6,456 Views)

Hero

And you're sure they are all Sims 4 and not just recolors you need a mesh for ?

Have you tried one single cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 219 (6,447 Views)

★★ Novice
hello, I seem to be having a problem with my mods. I was playing sims on Monday and Tuesday perfectly fine up until I had to update my game. After the update, my game became very slow. none of my CC appeared in CAS, even when my mods/script options were enabled. I then removed the mods but the game was still running slow. I tried repairing the game through Origin but that didn't work either, and all of a sudden my game would not launch without freezing at the sims 4 logo, so I uninstalled it. I reinstalled it again the next day and it was running fine without my mods. today, I have just added the mods into the folder again, but it has frozen on the sims 4 logo while launching. I then removed them from the folder straight after, and game is running with no problems... hmm. prior to the update, everything was running smoothly. I have about 60 cc. any advice?
Message 58 of 219 (6,430 Views)

Hero

Try adding just a few back and see if it still works

It's possible that the update broke one of your mods/cc

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 219 (6,422 Views)

★★ Novice
ah.. I see. I'll test them now, thanks.
Message 60 of 219 (6,419 Views)