Custom Content not showing up in The Sims 4

by Evans_Lilly515

Original Post

Re: Custom Content not showing up in The Sims 4

Hero

Does it show in the overview mods window at the beginning ?

Are you sure they are for Sims 4 and not Sims 2 or 3 ?

It's really hard to distinguish what's cc and what's from the game as the icons are mostly all the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 219 (16,175 Views)

★★ Novice

MIne doesn't show at the beginning. I have been trying for ages 

Message 22 of 219 (16,130 Views)

★★★ Newbie

its the same here I click on resource.cfg and it says "how do you want to open this file?" where do I go for game options is it in game?

thanks

Message 23 of 219 (16,127 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You want to open it with the notepad.

You can access game options from the menu that appears when you click in the "..." button in the top right corner.

Message 24 of 219 (16,117 Views)

★★★ Novice

I LOVE YOU!!! This was driving me crazy! Nothing I tried worked, until I read your reply saying it doesn't support subfolders. As soon as I took the hairs out of the subfolders (deleted the subfolders too) then went back into the game, it worked! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! :D

Message 25 of 219 (15,971 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you please help? My CC isn't showing up, and I'm using an 2014 version of the Sims 4 that doesn't have an option to enable mods. I unzipped a few of them and put all the packages into the mods folder, no subfolders. At startup, they are all listed, but none of them actually work in the character creator.

Message 26 of 219 (15,850 Views)

Hero

Why don't you update your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 219 (15,842 Views)

★★★ Novice

me too! I swear i've WinRAR-extracted-drag-and-dropped-into mods folder all of the downloaded cc. 

I have a seperate Hair and shoes folder. I downloaded 2 hairs,put them in the folders,but they didn't show up.

i also have a Women's Clothing folder, which also contains 2.

except,one of the dresses in that folder passed all challenges (not literally though) and made it into CAS.

in my game options,i enabled cc,and they showed me the CC/script mods i have when i opened the game. 

So,all the cc i downloaded are in that list (trust me after opening and closing the game i made it important to see the list as soon as the game opens)

but in CAS,there's nothing. (except for that gown i'm so happy that got in) 

Message 28 of 219 (15,818 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same !! its starting to ruin the game for me, i have always loved playing sims but now my cc isn't showing up on cas. i have followed all the steps correctly and its still not there its really annoying

@Jillian4401 wrote:

I have played the sims 4 and did not have a problem with it until now.

Message 29 of 219 (15,704 Views)

Hero

And you turned it on in your game options ? There's a new option there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 219 (15,695 Views)