Re: Credit card cannot be verified need help

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Credit card cannot be verified need help

★★★★ Novice

I checked with my credit card company, Origin isn't blocked, my address is updated and it still won't verify my credit card. Every time I try to talk to an advisor it says "There may be a problem communicating with (advisor name). Please wait while your chat is transferred to another EA Advisor." I haven't been able to talk to anyone yet and I've opened my 'case' this morning.

Honestly I'm disappointed in the service, what's going on? 

Message 1 of 9 (3,735 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@VsIayer Hi,

I had a brief look into this for you, and it appears that some of the payment info we have on file for you had been outdated. Can you please open up your Origin Client, click on "Origin" (top left corner) > "Account and Privacy" > "Payment & Shipping" > and then under "Payment" delete your current Payment info.

Now click on "Add Payment" and add your info once more, carefully checking it all. You should then be able to get your card verified and make purchases again.

Let me know if you have any general questions, just please be advised that we cannot discuss any account related details on this public forum.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (4,306 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@VsIayer Hi,

I had a brief look into this for you, and it appears that some of the payment info we have on file for you had been outdated. Can you please open up your Origin Client, click on "Origin" (top left corner) > "Account and Privacy" > "Payment & Shipping" > and then under "Payment" delete your current Payment info.

Now click on "Add Payment" and add your info once more, carefully checking it all. You should then be able to get your card verified and make purchases again.

Let me know if you have any general questions, just please be advised that we cannot discuss any account related details on this public forum.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 9 (4,307 Views)

★ Novice

i Have no payment history through them and its still not working for me on EA and origin i keep getting the message  Your card cannot be authorized

Message 3 of 9 (3,698 Views)

★★ Novice

same here and no solution

Message 4 of 9 (3,689 Views)

★★★★ Novice
They fixed it for me. Call your credit card company make sure your address is updated and matches. Then put in the same info into origin
Message 5 of 9 (3,676 Views)

Community Manager

@VsIayer wrote:
They fixed it for me. Call your credit card company make sure your address is updated and matches. Then put in the same info into origin

Glad to hear that, thank you for the update!

@Darken994 @R1CHARDGOZ1NYA Hi,

Try what Godstank suggested, if that doesn't work, you will need to contact an EA Game Advisor: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new

Note: Once on the support site, click on the flag in the top left corner and select your country. If yours is not listed, you may need to place an international call. Read more about it here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Log in with your Origin account and choose "Origin" as Product, your Platform, "Billing/Purchasing" as Topic and describe your issue to see all available contact options.

If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answer HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 6 of 9 (3,661 Views)

★★ Novice

my credit card company doesn't find any problem they say

Message 7 of 9 (3,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Nils Then get that option soon pls, as you know that majority of your game users are in school or college and they most of them usually don't get access to credit cards at that time.
Message 8 of 9 (1,306 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Deezi_Ezi I'm locking this thread as it is 5 years old.

Please feel free to create a new thread.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (1,242 Views)