Crash "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG or RESET" error - Titanfall 2 - Origin Games

by xxxGHANDIxxx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crash "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG or RESET" error - Titanfall 2 - Origin Games

★★★ Newbie

Hey gang,

Many of us have been dealing with this same issue for a long time. After checking all the sites, forums and suggestions; one issue stood out to me.

Someone mentioned on a separate forum that a image capture software was causing bugs on various games.

The only comparable software I had on my PC was Raptr and PlaysTV which is installed along with Steam.

So I uninstalled both and ran CC Cleaner to sweep all the remaining dead files and OOOOOH MY GOSH!!

Almost a year of headaches with Origin games , especially Titan Fall has been resolved. I did all the same things you see on other forums.

Made sure drivers were up to date. Made sure DirectX was up to date. Some say to disable Origin In Game, but now that those other systems are gone, Origin In Game works perfectly fine.

I even tried under clocking the core clock HZ, which I thought was dumb, but I tried it. DIDN'T WORK!

I don't know why but it appears these two video capture systems DO NOT PLAY NICE with Origin or other games either.

It was actually causing texturing issues on Fallout 4 as well which made no sense because it is a Steam Game. SOLVED.

So I hope this helps many of you going crazy over this dumb issue. I don't know if it will work for everyone but it finally fixed all my problems.

I can actually over clock my GPU now. It was also causing issues with MSI Afterburner when I was trying to OC and BenchMark my GPU.

Anywho,

Best of luck!

Message 1 of 2 (286 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crash "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG or RESET" error - Titanfall 2 - Orig

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @xxxGHANDIxxx 

And thank you for sharing this here. Your efforts are appreciated, and I am sure, other users will also find it useful.

Cheers,

Archi

@xxxGHANDIxxx wrote:

Hey gang,

Many of us have been dealing with this same issue for a long time. After checking all the sites, forums and suggestions; one issue stood out to me.

Someone mentioned on a separate forum that a image capture software was causing bugs on various games.

The only comparable software I had on my PC was Raptr and PlaysTV which is installed along with Steam.

So I uninstalled both and ran CC Cleaner to sweep all the remaining dead files and OOOOOH MY GOSH!!

Almost a year of headaches with Origin games , especially Titan Fall has been resolved. I did all the same things you see on other forums.

Made sure drivers were up to date. Made sure DirectX was up to date. Some say to disable Origin In Game, but now that those other systems are gone, Origin In Game works perfectly fine.

I even tried under clocking the core clock HZ, which I thought was dumb, but I tried it. DIDN'T WORK!

I don't know why but it appears these two video capture systems DO NOT PLAY NICE with Origin or other games either.

It was actually causing texturing issues on Fallout 4 as well which made no sense because it is a Steam Game. SOLVED.

So I hope this helps many of you going crazy over this dumb issue. I don't know if it will work for everyone but it finally fixed all my problems.

I can actually over clock my GPU now. It was also causing issues with MSI Afterburner when I was trying to OC and BenchMark my GPU.

Anywho,

Best of luck!

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (295 Views)

All Replies

Re: Crash "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG or RESET" error - Titanfall 2 - Orig

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @xxxGHANDIxxx 

And thank you for sharing this here. Your efforts are appreciated, and I am sure, other users will also find it useful.

Cheers,

Archi

@xxxGHANDIxxx wrote:

Hey gang,

Anywho,

Best of luck!

Archi.png
Message 2 of 2 (296 Views)