Re: Issues with contracts in Franchise Mode (1/2 Way Contracts and IR)

by m1a2lt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Contracts in Franchise Mode (1/2 Way Contracts and IR) - Partial Solution Found

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Two major issues with gameplay I found in Franchise Mode:

#1: For some players, when you sign them to a 2 Way contract during the resign phase they transform to 1 Way contracts after Free Agency starts. I have not checked if this actually affects your players costs when they are in the AHL (doing some experimentation now). While not a game stopper, this is annoying and lowers the playing value.

#2: Even more importantly, the game does not properly account for players on the IR. In a recent season, I had three players injured, two of them defensemen. Because the game doesn't temporarily remove the players from your contract numbers in the NHL nor account for their budget (should of had somewhere around 12 Mil in cap space but only had .760 Mil), you can't bring up a replacement from the AHL or sign a free agent, forcing me to play a forward as a defenseman. Furthermore, I could see a situation where you could have four injured players and not be able to ice an entire team. This is a serious issue and could force you to abandon a franchise.

Has anyone found a workaround for any of these problems or solutions?

Message 1 of 6 (3,392 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

I have found a workaround for the 2 Way vs 1 Way issue.

When you offer a contract, go to the 2 Way/1 Way toggle and toggle to 1 Way and then back to 2 Way. It will drop the years to one and the salary to the league minimum so you will need to retoggle these (but should be easy since 2 Ways are generally cheap/short).

Done this now about ten times and it has worked every time. Also, to make sure it wasn't a patch and for a control, I just accepted a contract without doing the above and it changed from a 2 Way to 1 Way after signing, proving the problem is still there.

Let me know if this does/doesn't work for you.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (4,062 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

EA...anything... <cricket><cricket>

Message 2 of 6 (3,373 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have found a workaround for the 2 Way vs 1 Way issue.

When you offer a contract, go to the 2 Way/1 Way toggle and toggle to 1 Way and then back to 2 Way. It will drop the years to one and the salary to the league minimum so you will need to retoggle these (but should be easy since 2 Ways are generally cheap/short).

Done this now about ten times and it has worked every time. Also, to make sure it wasn't a patch and for a control, I just accepted a contract without doing the above and it changed from a 2 Way to 1 Way after signing, proving the problem is still there.

Let me know if this does/doesn't work for you.

Message 3 of 6 (4,063 Views)

Community Manager

@m1a2lt

Thanks for posting, I will mark your post as a solution so others can see it and ask that they comment below on whether this helps.

barry.png
Message 4 of 6 (3,356 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA_Barry, no problem on the posting of the solution but it doesn't fix the entire problem. The game is still broken, not compensating for cap space with injuries so don't think this should be marked as a solution.

Message 5 of 6 (3,337 Views)

Re: Contracts in Franchise Mode (1/2 Way Contracts and IR) - Partial Solution Fo

★★★★★ Newbie

I just made it through my first offseason and all the 2 way contracts I signed are now 1 way and it sent half of my NHL starters to the minors and all the lower level players I signed to 2 way contracts to the main team. The note said this was marked as fixed in February, but clearly it's still not fixed. Hopefully I don't lose all my players to waivers.  Thanks for the post with the info on the work-around, it will be good to know in the future.

Message 6 of 6 (3,257 Views)