Connection to server timed out-Xbox One

by houndzero

Original Post

Connection to server timed out-Xbox One

★ Novice

Ive been trying to find a solution to to this but i can't find anything that helps, when ever i try and join a game of any type it goes to a black screen or play's for about 10 seconds until going back to the main screen and displays the message Connection to server timed out.

the strange thing is that it works in the morning until about 5 in the evening and doesn't work again. 

I am in the UK and on an Xbox one

Message 1 of 7 (8,020 Views)

Re: Connection to server timed out-Xbox One

Community Manager

@houndzero Hmm, that sounds like a network issue, especially if things are falling over just as daily domestic traffic starts to ramp up. You can try power cycling your router in case there's a local issue there. I suspect not, but it's a quick and easy step. 

Do you share your router with anyone else? If you try disconnecting them during the times when you're having problems, does that have any effect?

If the issue persists I think the next steps forward would be to reach out to your ISP. If connections aren't working properly at certain times of the day they should be able to see more. 

Before contacting them you may want to run a uotrace, detailed on this connection page. It contains a network report that may have useful info. 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (8,010 Views)

★ Novice

Ive tired most things but it still doesn't work seemingly a lot of people in the uk have the same issue as me.

And its only titanfall that has this problem every other game it runs fine all day with zero issues.

Message 3 of 7 (8,005 Views)

★ Novice

Hey on another forum they found a fix for some people it has to do with your router thinking its getting dDos because of how Titanfall 2 sends data.

Message 4 of 7 (7,986 Views)

Community Manager

@Atlas_Sunsword Hey, thanks for the post. Do you have a link to the post in question, or could you paraphrase?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 7 (7,977 Views)

Message 6 of 7 (7,969 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this issue affects a small number of people including myself, it's too small for EA to actually do anything about it as its plague people sice titan fall 1 Frown

Message 7 of 7 (7,786 Views)