Commentary Update Won't Download/Freezes

by thecaptcasey

Original Post

Re: Commentary issue

★★★ Novice
Go to settings on the main menu of your PS4 and go to application management data (something like that) and click on Madden 17 and just delete it. Then if the madden disc is already in the PS4 take it out and put it back in and it should start to install the game back on the system. Once the install and update is complete go back in the game like how you normally would and click download to download the commentary when it asks you at the main menu screen of the game and it will download.
Message 31 of 49 (1,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Barry - no, it still doesn't work even after the latest game update.  Just stalls at the progress bar with no progress.  This doesn't seem like something that resolves itself.  You might want to let someone know.

@H0K1E_NAT10N - just to be sure, this doesn't delete any of our Madden settings, rosters, playbooks, etc?  it's just core application?

I'll give that a try, even though they could probably fix the issue and I wonder if we'll need to delete everything and reinstall everything each commentary update.

Thx both.

Message 32 of 49 (1,730 Views)

★★★ Novice
If you just delete the APPLICATION data, you are good. DO NOT go into saved data. That is where your rosters, settings etc are located.
Message 33 of 49 (1,717 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hey @HOK1E_NATI0N,

Thanks for the help but unfortunately I'm still having the same issue. I'm glad yours works though! I'm sure it makes the game enjoyable. @EA_Barry, the update did nothing for the commentary update either. Still the same issue....please advise.
Message 34 of 49 (1,708 Views)

★★★ Novice

‎11-30-2016 09:24 PM
Hey @H0K1E_NATI0N,

Thanks for the help but unfortunately I'm still having the same issue. I'm glad yours works though! I'm sure it makes the game enjoyable. @EA_Barry, the update did nothing for the commentary update either. Still the same issue....please advise.
Message 35 of 49 (1,705 Views)

★★★ Novice

‎11-30-2016 09:24 PM
Hey @H0K1E_NATI0N

Message 36 of 49 (1,701 Views)

Community Manager

@marcuslglenn

I think you would benefit from some one to one help on this, please contact us directly via the link below:

Click the following link to get started: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/#

barry.png
Message 37 of 49 (1,669 Views)

★★★ Newbie
If any gets a solution to this please post I bought this game solely for the fresh commentary and I kills me its the only thing not working
Message 38 of 49 (1,657 Views)

Re: Commentary Update Won't Download/Freezes

★★★ Newbie
Just fixed this problem by deleting the saved data on my xb1, dont know what I lost but everything works fine now , didnt notice anything missing afterwards, good luck hope this helps
Message 39 of 49 (1,651 Views)

Re: Commentary Update Won't Download/Freezes

★★★ Novice
Ok, I had to delete EVERYTHING on my PS4 and it works. It loaded so lets see if it loads next week. Good to finally have commentary.
Message 40 of 49 (1,633 Views)