Child Account with Battlefront

by AmanteX

Original Post

Re : Child Account with Battlefront

★★★ Newbie

Not true, I have not had this issue with any of EA other games. Wish I had known this before I purchased Battlefront. Disappointed hope they fix it.

Message 11 of 35 (6,168 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have seen some peoples avatars that are clearly not kid safe. With "F" worded memes on them and nudity. I am sure some parents wouldn't want their kids to see that.

Message 12 of 35 (6,162 Views)

Hero

The restricted child accounts, game age restrictions and EA's reason for doing so is because of the law in the country you are living in. EA can't unrestrict child accounts without breaking the law themselves.

carbonic signature

Message 13 of 35 (6,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In this great country that I live in the ratings are to suggest age appropriateness so consumers, especially parents, can make informed choices. If a parent thinks his or her child is mature enough. The parent should have the right to make that decision. As I stated other EA games that are rated the same as well as others companies do not have this restriction. I'm sure the next Star Wars movie will be PG-13 so are they not going to allow parents take their child under 13 to see it? I think not! It is disappointing that EA is making the decision for parents. 

Message 14 of 35 (6,153 Views)

Re: Child Account with Battlefront

★★★★★ Newbie

I must be missing something, following your instructions I am not allowed to edit my sons info like birthday from here. Any suggestions?

Message 15 of 35 (6,138 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Nvm... I was on Xbox live account silly me

Message 16 of 35 (6,137 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is this a possible work around?  create xbox and ea accounts showing ages 13 and up to cover the legal issues EA has to deal with but then setup controls in xbox 1 where they can only play with friends that as a parent you have authorized them to see....this avoids the general population, profanity, inappropriate avatars etc.  I am a total novice at this so any ideas if this will this work?

Message 17 of 35 (6,007 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OK SO I FOUND A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM! You first must have your own origin account and download the pc origin client. Then you can link your childs gamertag to your own origin account! This worked for me even while my sons gamertag was stuck attached to his underage origin account. Simply open the client and log in to your own account, then go to friends on the top menu bar and choose add friend. Then on the left side click on connect for xbox or playstation. Enter your childs gamertag and password. For me, it showed a message saying no friends found...but it still showed my sons account was linked to mine in the "about me" section under connected accounts! Got on xbox logged in as my son...and BOOM! Finally he can play online!
Message 18 of 35 (5,968 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Wow.  That DID work.  I wonder if my kid is really logged in under MY account or theirs?

Message 19 of 35 (5,900 Views)

Re: Re : Child Account with Battlefront

★★★ Newbie
There are zero online interactions on this game especially with game chat non existent. This is unreal and I hope this does not carry over to Battlefront II
Message 20 of 35 (5,735 Views)