Re: Cant see install button in origin setup

by CaptJamesTDerp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant see install button in origin setup

★★★★★ Newbie

I cannot see the install button when I open the launcher. I can only see up to the Tick box to accept terms and conditions, but then it is cut off, therefore I can't install origin. I use windows 10. 

Message 1 of 7 (3,978 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

Hey... { @lmaohelpmeh } Did you try this...

So a little Google-foo turns up a possible fix.  I thought the "OriginThinSetup.exe" might be the sourse the the trouble being that it's thin launcher and not the complete installer.  Anyway, made my way across this link:

https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/beta/OriginUpdate_9_4_11_2806.zip

Simply download the ZIP file and extract the contents to the "ProgramFiles (x86)" folder.  Then run the Origin.exe file.  This will launch Origin.

One thing to be aware of though; I am not seeing the Origin software listed under "Programs and Features".  This is because the Origin software was downloaded as a bunch of files and not installed using the a full packaged installer.  I don't think this should pose a problem as you can simply delete the entire Origin folder should you ever want to uninstall it...

I hope will work!!!

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

Thanks for using ANSWERS HQ!

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (4,911 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@lmaohelpmeh Hi, can you try restarting your system with a Clean Boot, then try to install again and see if anything changes.

https://help.ea.com/uk/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If this is ineffective, can you try launching the setup file as administrator?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (3,954 Views)

★ Novice

After considering what a moronic issue this is, (same thing happened to me) I decided to fight moronic with moronic.

I changed the display settings from Landscape to Portrait. Then and only then could I see the install/continue button.

Then switch back to Landscape.

Message 3 of 7 (3,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Cheers. Your way helped.. How do these simple errors get through to market ? You'd think loads of people have this issue

Message 4 of 7 (3,848 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hey... { @lmaohelpmeh } Did you try this...

So a little Google-foo turns up a possible fix.  I thought the "OriginThinSetup.exe" might be the sourse the the trouble being that it's thin launcher and not the complete installer.  Anyway, made my way across this link:

https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/beta/OriginUpdate_9_4_11_2806.zip

Simply download the ZIP file and extract the contents to the "ProgramFiles (x86)" folder.  Then run the Origin.exe file.  This will launch Origin.

One thing to be aware of though; I am not seeing the Origin software listed under "Programs and Features".  This is because the Origin software was downloaded as a bunch of files and not installed using the a full packaged installer.  I don't think this should pose a problem as you can simply delete the entire Origin folder should you ever want to uninstall it...

I hope will work!!!

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

Thanks for using ANSWERS HQ!

Message 5 of 7 (4,912 Views)

★ Novice

Run Origin as Admin. 

Message 6 of 7 (3,361 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CaptJamesTDerp BEST SOLUTION1!!
Message 7 of 7 (1,690 Views)