Re: Cannot join any servers in BF1

by EA_Archi

Original Post

Cannot join any servers in BF1

★ Novice

I am unable to connect to any servers in BF1 despite using a wired connection. Every time I try joining a server, this error will pop up:

"Server Disconnected. Connection to EA Online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency may not meet the requirements for this game."

I was able to play multiplayer on the day of purchase 2 weeks ago. But since then, I cannot join any servers. I did not make any significant changes to my laptop and have no idea why this is happening.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 9 (5,499 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @BaptismofFire-11 

And I am really sorry for this connection troubles. Can I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps, mentioned in our article here on the most common connection issues. 

Keep me posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 9 (5,459 Views)

★ Novice

Hi. Thanks for your response.

I have tried reinstalling BF1 and enabling UPnP as suggested in the article. However, I still keep getting the same error when I try to connect to a server.

I am using a wired connection in university accommodation and currently do not have any issues with my connection. Attached are my 2 UOTraces.

Message 3 of 9 (5,450 Views)

Hello @BaptismofFire-11 

University WiFi can be an issue. Can you try to ask your network administrator to open corresponding TCP ports?

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 9 (5,441 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

I have tried opening up the UDP and TCP ports for PC as suggested in the article, but the same error still pops up.

This problem did not start when I moved back to UK university accommodation. It occurred back home in Singapore more than 2 weeks ago, where I purchased BF1. On the first day of installation, I could play multiplayer. But since then, this error has been popping up continuously every time I try and join a server.

Message 5 of 9 (5,423 Views)

@BaptismofFire-11 

But you are using the same PC both in Singapore and UK? And the error message there was the same? Can you try to perform Clean Boot on your PC? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 6 of 9 (5,415 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

I am using the same laptop in both Singapore and UK and the error message is the same. I have just tried to clean boot my laptop but I still get the same error.

I did made changes to the default BF1 video settings by enabling DX12, lowering the resolution scale and changing to "Fullscreen". I noticed that after enabling DX12, the graphics in the main menu was completely fuzzy and messed up. So I disabled DX12 and changed back "Windowed".

I doubt the error message is attributable to this, but these are really the only changes I made to BF1. Since then, I was unable to join any servers in multiplayer.

Message 7 of 9 (5,395 Views)

@BaptismofFire-11 

So have you tried to connect with both enabled and disabled DX 12  support? You don`t have any other EA game, you can test the connection with on your PC? If everything fails, and your connection seems to work fine, I would suggest you to bring this directly to EA Advisors https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/, let them know the troubleshooting steps, you have already taken, let them take a closer look at your account settings. 

Keep me posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 8 of 9 (5,383 Views)

★ Novice

Hi

I cannot navigate the main menu in BF1 with DX12 enabled because the graphics became extremely fuzzy.

I am able to play BF4 multiplayer on my laptop without any issues. It is BF1 multiplayer that I have issues with connecting to servers.

Message 9 of 9 (5,339 Views)