Cannot create new folders inside Mods folder

by Genlisae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot create new folders inside Mods folder

★★★★ Apprentice

I am unable to create a sub folder within the Mods folder. If I rename the folder I can create folders within it. If I create an entirely new folder named Mods I cannot create sub folders in the new folder.

To clarify, I can create sub folders within any Folder located in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 unless that folder is named "Mods".

I have just finished a full uninstall and reinstall of the entire Sims 4 game which did not solve the issue.

Message 1 of 5 (792 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot create new folders inside Mods folder

★★★★ Apprentice

And suddenly today I went to play and there are folders in my Mods folder. I have changed nothing, they are just suddenly visible.

The issue is fixed (for now) though the  why remains a mystery.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (797 Views)

All Replies

Hero

That sounds like a really weird issue.

Are you getting an error message when trying to create them or what happens ?

Can you delete the folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I do not get an error. I just do not get the option to create a folder and any folder I copy into the "Mods" folder vanishes.

I can delete the "Mods" folder. I can create a new "Mods" folder. Still no sub folders. If I rename the "Mods" folder to anything else (even Modss works) I can create sub folders within the renamed folder. As soon as I change the name back the folders vanish. All files that were in the sub folders now appear in the main folder. If I rename the folder again the subfolders reappear with the files in the sub folders.

I have tried deleting, creating on the desktop (with sub folders) and then copying to The Sims 4 folder, complete reinstall of the game. I am at a loss.

Message 3 of 5 (773 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

And suddenly today I went to play and there are folders in my Mods folder. I have changed nothing, they are just suddenly visible.

The issue is fixed (for now) though the  why remains a mystery.

Message 4 of 5 (798 Views)

Hero

Really strange

Marked your thread as solved for now. Feel free to unsolve if it comes back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (749 Views)