Re: Cannot Submit Bug Report

by Skauron

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot Submit Bug Report

★ Guide

I know this is technically an Answers HQ problem rather than an Andromeda problem, but I can't find anywhere else to ask for or find help, and I'm completely at a loss. I'm trying to post a bug report for the game over in the bug report section, but it won't post - if I click submit, absolutely nothing happens, and when I click preview I get a message saying "correct the highlighted errors and try again," but then the only "highlighted error" is a message under the main body of the post that says "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied." But I didn't add any of my own HTML to the post in the first place, and even after it was supposedly removed, it still won't post and I just keep getting the same error message. Please help!

Message 1 of 34 (8,584 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi, this issue should be resolved now, thanks for flagging it to us. 

Be sure to let us know if you have any other site issues. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 34 (9,651 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for the post. I'd like to look at the issue in the other thread, thanks for flagging this to us. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 34 (8,533 Views)

Hero

I had this issue. You have to make sure to type something in the message box even if all other forms have been filled in.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 34 (8,524 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for the interest, David, I'll go post in there now.

But for the record, Fred, I did fill in the message box, so that isn't the problem.

Message 4 of 34 (8,513 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi, this issue should be resolved now, thanks for flagging it to us. 

Be sure to let us know if you have any other site issues. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 34 (9,652 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is apparently still an issue - I was unable to post a bug report just now until as Fred suggested I type something in the box at the bottom of the bug report, even though all the required fields were filled in.

Message 6 of 34 (8,475 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This issue is still on going.  I've been trying to report a bug for two days with no luck.

Message 7 of 34 (8,451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

have you typed anything in the bottom box on the Compose tab?   You have to put something in that even if you just type, "PLEASE FIX ASAP!"

When you then click the Submit button, you should then see it will process first time, i've always had issues submitting a bug report if i don't do as i've suggested.

bugreport.PNG

Message 8 of 34 (8,440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yeah, that's what I had to do to submit mine. If that's a required field it should be noted as a required field - there's literally nothing indicating that that's why it doesn't go through.

Message 9 of 34 (8,431 Views)

★★★ Pro

No it foxed me for a few minutes, then once i found out the reason i've been fine ever since.. but i don't log many bugs.. there is only so many hours in the day Wink

Message 10 of 34 (8,427 Views)