Re: Cannot Play Coop Survival on Star Wars BattleFront Xbox One

by bnnken

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot Play Coop Survival on Star Wars BattleFront Xbox One

★★ Novice

I can play all the multiplayer modes with anyone.  But when I try to play a coop survival with someone who is in my party and on my friends list I cannot.  If either of us sends an invite it starts to connect then just says we have been disconnected.  Only does it for coop survival mode.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8 (1,998 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

OK.  So I figured it out!  In my case, I had a Fios Router and an apple Airport for my wireless.  I always had the airport on Bridge mode so that I would avoid any DHCP clashes.  I guess at some point the airport was reset and was set to DHCP mode.  So I had 2 routers trying to hand out IP addresses.  Once I put the airport back to bridge mode my problems were solved!

Hope that helps.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (2,382 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Maeztr0 Hmm, can both you and your intended partner try closing down the system fully (hold the button until it beeps) then check again after the restart?

Are you in geographically similar areas? By any chance are you on the same network?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,986 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried restart same problem. Both similar areas. any ideas?

Message 3 of 8 (1,957 Views)

★★ Novice

OK.  So I figured it out!  In my case, I had a Fios Router and an apple Airport for my wireless.  I always had the airport on Bridge mode so that I would avoid any DHCP clashes.  I guess at some point the airport was reset and was set to DHCP mode.  So I had 2 routers trying to hand out IP addresses.  Once I put the airport back to bridge mode my problems were solved!

Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 8 (2,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Any update or resolution to this. All games mode work EXCEPT coop play. I get booted out of game completely when trying to play coop
Message 5 of 8 (1,862 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also experiencing this issue, and have gone through the complete diagnostic routine as outlined by my contact with help.ea.com . I was told to post on the forums as they have never heard of this issue, but here i find others with similar experiences. I crash to dashboard 100% of the time ONLY when starting COOP gameplay. Not multiplayer, not solo.. I play on the same network, and have also tried playing with friends outside my network. 

Message 6 of 8 (1,785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I've resolved my issue, and hope this helps devs and gamers alike. My CGN3 hitron router did not allow turning off ipv6. I was able to exchange my modem with Rogers with a CODA modem which allows choosing ipv4/ipv6/both to which I selected ipv4. Once selected, coop now works. I don't consider this 'resolved', but have found a workaround for me. Hope this doesn't affect other EA titles p2p coop in the future, because it's not the fault of my ISP.

Big thank you to those involved spending time on this. The final email update from EA had me try this, and now that it's reported to work, it should be correctable!
Message 7 of 8 (1,746 Views)

★★★ Newbie
See if your modem settings allow for ipv4 operation only, or in my case, exchange the modem for one that allows this setting. Rogers exchanged mine for no additional fee because it belonged with my plan anyway.. (hitron CODA modem)
Message 8 of 8 (1,740 Views)