Can you share your game library like in Steam on Origin?

by TatianaLopes392

Original Post

Re: Can you share your game library like in Steam on Origin?

★★★ Newbie

It is the reason for which I haven't bought games on Origin for the last several years. It's why I won't buy the Star Wars one - or any future games. It is also why I have moved several of my DVD games to Steam - some old, some new. 

And if for some reason, I have to buy a new game, I will use a new email address with each and every one new game. 

If family sharing comes to Origin, I will play more than BF4. It doesn't - I won't add more games. 

Message 11 of 114 (10,945 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just bought Star Wars Battlefront for PC, physical pre-order purchase from Amazon.  I have Steam but never tried Origins until required by this recent game purchase.  I have to say I'm really disappointed there is such poor support for family sharing on the Origin platform.  I'm not willing to pay the price of buying a game multiple times on the platform.  I'll stick to Steam and Xbox I guess - won't be buying any Origin games in the future unless this changes. Shame.

Message 12 of 114 (10,919 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That Sucks, it would be good if someone from EA could let us know if they're going to implement this in a future update.

Message 13 of 114 (10,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Simple fact is, the money they make from those that will buy multiple copies of a game outweighs the losses from those that choose not to buy EA games. These types of situations are one of the many problems old school gamers cited years ago that fell on deaf ears in the gaming community. Sucks, but it's true. I wouldn't hold my breath on this changing anytime soon.

Message 14 of 114 (10,837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Maybe Origin should do a multi user Account / licence at a small cost so family's can play together using 1 account.

I would rather play games the way steam shares but anything would be better than nothing

I have hundreds of games on steam and only a few on origin Steam is my first choice due to origin not being family friendly

Message 15 of 114 (10,816 Views)

★★★ Novice

If the game is available on Steam then buy it on steam. Then take the registration key that steam gives you and use it in origin. Doesn't  work for all EA titles but it does for some and only works one way. I don't advise having them installed on both Steam and Origin at the same time since they will conflict with each other. Some of the titles function better on Origin than they do on steam.

Message 16 of 114 (10,802 Views)

★★★ Novice

People should realize that EA is not Valve and Origin is not Steam. EA wish to run Origin differently than how Valve runs Steam. For better or worse Wink

Message 17 of 114 (10,798 Views)

★ Novice

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Message 18 of 114 (10,648 Views)

★★ Novice

How do you get a game from steam over to origin? Steam won't launch it so I thought I'd try to transfer it to origin.

Message 19 of 114 (10,498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

To be honest, I only buy games on Origin if absolutely necessary. Steam owns them in every way. The GUI, the features, friend's interaction, game sharing etc. There isn't a single thing that Origin does better. All they have is Battlefront and Crysis 3, which Steam doesn't have. I honestly wouldn't even have Origin if it weren't for Battlefront. Wake up call EA / Origin, stop going the way of the dinosaurs and step it up.

Message 20 of 114 (10,444 Views)