Origin Update or Install - Error 9:0

by asthmatic_kitty

Original Post

Re: Can't update Origin. Error Code 9.0

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Every Origin update, I get this error 9 and have to delete my "Origin cache" to fix before reinstalling. Why would the same error happen and reinstall be required every time? Please fix!

Message 41 of 618 (13,594 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm seriously considering buying every EA game from another source from now on, because this is ridiculous.  I've reinstalled my Origins program three times in as many days and it still gives me error 9.0 every time it says it needs to update.  Complete *.

Message 42 of 618 (13,319 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep. I can't understand why this topic says solved. I can't even play my games. This is ridiculous. I have hundreds of dollars of game content that I can't access due to this issue. EA needs to get their stuff together, because looking at this, I am seeing thousands of dollars of refunds. Especially if people start complaining to the BBB about the fact that Origin won't let them play the games that were paid for in good faith. Origin does not want to open that can of worms. EA- I suggest you guys fix this, and quick.

Message 43 of 618 (13,297 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem, and this solved it. Thanks!

Message 44 of 618 (13,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie

even if you uninstall and reinstall it doesn't work, even if you clear your cache it doesn't work. The beta version needs to work out a lot of bugs because this is just plain annoying. I've been reading your comments and trying them but its still not working.

Message 45 of 618 (13,199 Views)

Download Error 9:0

★★★ Novice

For around about the last week or so I've been happily playing The Sims 4. Everything was working rather well and then all of a sudden I get a little notification to tell me my Origin thing needs updating, so I did that. During this download, and at the stage where it's re-installing the Origin program - I get a screen saying ooops something went wrong or words to that effect and the only error code I can see is this "9:0".

I have tried to install it again to no avail, I have raked in about the files in my computer and removed it completely and tried to re-install completely from scratch and nothing seems to work, so now I am out of pocket for a game I can't use because it won't boot up without Origin. Lastly I would like to add how there's a 'helpful' link appears on this error message saying if you need help go here... well, that would be incredibly helpful if the link actually worked and took you to a help page. It doesn't.

Never been a fan of downloading games via things like this, I always preferred to have the disc there but I found it difficult to get my hands on so I settled for this. So far, I am still not sold. Frown

Message 46 of 618 (17,417 Views)

Re: Download Error 9:0

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. They really need to fix the installer.

Message 47 of 618 (17,405 Views)

★★ Novice

it's ea the will do nothing,

Message 48 of 618 (17,388 Views)

Have you already tried to contact a game adviser? Make a job ticket at origin help the rest is explained there. Notice that getting your problem solved could take up to 10 days. So I hope you'll have patience.

Good luck.

Message 49 of 618 (17,384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @ClaireSCooper @Monkeh99 , @SasukeSenpai34

Clear Origin cache and for this you get a perfectly detailed post from @EA_Nils>>http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/my-origin-will-not-update-my-sims-4/m-p/4721983#M163410

Run the setup file Origin with Admin rights  http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2

NOTE if your issue persist you need to perform a Clean Boot  https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/FAQ/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Retired champion.
Message 50 of 618 (12,760 Views)