Re: Can't login to origin, or get my password.. I apparently dont exist even though I have a ton of games on origin...

by crinrict

Original Post

Can't login to origin, or get my password.. I apparently dont exist even though I have a ton of games on origin...

★★★ Newbie

Can't login to origin, or get my password.. I apparently dont exist even though I have a ton of games on origin...

I cant login, my ID doesnt seem to exist, i was just able to re-register with the ID iv had for years, but have no games.. WTF is going on here.

Message 1 of 16 (26,347 Views)

Re: Can't login to origin, or get my password.. I apparently dont exist even though I have a ton of games on origin...

★★★ Newbie

Further checking.

Its like iv been removed from existance. Im gone from all my friends friends lists, my Bioware account is gone, my mass effect DLC list is empty, my origin game list is empty... 

Yet iv used this ID and email for 10+ years... nice one EA... 

Message 2 of 16 (26,048 Views)

Hero

Maybe you got hacked ?

For everything account/serial code related, you need to contact Customer Support.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

You have the option to contact them by mail, phone or Live Chat. Make sure you have a game, a category and a platform selected for the options to become available.

For Live Chat, make sure to choose US as your country.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 16 (26,045 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Tried this.

But as my DOB doesnt match what they say is on record , they have basicly handed over $400 of *MY* games for free to a hacker....

Considering I have most of my orgin games on CD infront of me with CD keys on the back, + paypal recipts for other purchases through origin.

Im stunned at the lack of help from EA. Well not that stunned... i expected a lack from EA.

I litterly have 40+ odd peices of evidence supporting me to get my account back. But because ONE thing,  the DOB doesnt match. 

It all means nothing it seems. 

Im considering taking this to the police, as it is theft. 

EA dont seem to realise, 90% of there user base doesnt enter the right DOB when they reigster ... they pick whatever happens to be there when you click..

Message 4 of 16 (26,040 Views)

Hero

I have to agree with you there. That's one reason I don't like Origin OR download versions. I prefer having everything on DVD and I'm really glad that it's still possible with some games but the more download content we have, the more difficult it will get.

I have to admit that I'm not even sure if I used the right DOB when making my account. I'm always reluctant with giving out that piece of info cause so many sites and even banks nowadays rely on that info (although it's a piece of info you can get by very easily by checking out forums for birthday wishes). Who would have thought that this would be the single most important info that connects you to your account.

They should really have an email verification before allowing to actually change the email as well as some further security messures that prevents hackers from just taking over our account. I've seen so many with this issue on here. Also let us have some means of identifying that is really secret. Purchases SHOULD count as viable info. Sure, a hacker could look them up on your account but they won't have the emails to go with.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (26,028 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have apparently been passed onto the * Expert acount team*. 

And I just need to wait for them to email me... :robotfrustrated:

I think it was such a mistake for EA to merge SO many things into 1 account. 

Iv lost all my battleforge units ( over $100 worth), my mass effect DLC on Social bioware site, and my origin. Instead of just my origin... /rage

Im normally extremely carefull with my passwords and the like. Believeing my actual paypal recipts for my games would be easy enough to claim back if i ever had an issue.. that was a mistake and a half..

Message 6 of 16 (26,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

FInally got my account back.

This is the ID the hacker changed me too.. what a LAME name....

I can fulfill my mass effect 3 Addiction once again...

I had to provide a ton of other proof, paypal recipts, game CD keys etc etc. So make sure all you guys keep a note of this stuff somwere you can always get to it and is safe from the hackers.

Message 7 of 16 (26,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing is going on with me right now. Just got off a chat with the "tech" and he escalated it to someone that asked the exact same questions.  then told me my birthdate was wrong. I am waiting to hear back from them I guess I will try to gather all my info.

Message 8 of 16 (25,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Alright, what the hell! I re downloaded origin so I could play battlefield 3 again. try logging in with my user ID, doesnt work. try with ym email adress. does not work. I sent a I forgot ym password form as I am 100% sure it's the right email. I dont receive any email. But when i try to create a new account it says the user ID is already taken  and I tried at first to post here, said I had to login, entered my user ID and PW and it worked for some reason. But I cant login on the EA.com website nor on origin to access my account. wtf?

-Edit: Fixed

Message 9 of 16 (20,987 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you fix it? I've got the exact same problem with BF3 as well. Can't sign in and I'm not getting any emails either. Sure it's the right email adress. 

Message 10 of 16 (20,961 Views)