Re: Can't group with GF, can't make Ticket

by EA_Kipling

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't group with GF, can't make Ticket

★★★ Newbie

So, I was gonna try playing this game again with my girlfriend and we were gonna think about actually spending money on it, until I found an issue with the game that makes it impossible for me to play with her, and a company that decides that non subscribers, even founders, are so worthless to them that they cant even make a ticket to fix the game which could also cause problems with their subscribers too...

We started up the game and found that if one of us group invited the other then we are in a "group" but no icons show up, no portraits, no indication that either of us has joined a group and no exp share or even enemy fight sharing, thus no quest completion sharing. The issue is that if we try to group up again it says that either "That person is already in a group" or "You are not the group leader". Because of this we can't play a game I played when it released and because I can't submit a ticket I can't even help them fix their issues. So, guess I won't be spending anything on this game after all.

Message 1 of 25 (849 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

@BioCryo @Sarbntirof

The Bastion is going to be restarted in a few minutes, which will hopefully resolve the grouping issues. Everything should be back up and running in about 30 minutes (16:00 BST)

EDIT: Two affected accounts confirmed working now, so the issue should be resolved for all!

View in thread

Message 24 of 25 (1,005 Views)

All Replies

@BioCryo

To try something out can you both go to fleet , then each of you click on your own character portrait and right mouse click and select "reset active phases" 

See if this solves the team up issue

If this fails send an email to support@swtor.com and provide both usernames and what is occurring when teaming to see if they can see anything on their end.

can provide a link to this thread if it helps explain what you have tried already.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 25 (831 Views)

@BioCryo

Was this occurring on tatooine per chance ?  having other reports of grouping issues on that planet

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 3 of 25 (793 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nope, starting planet of Tython, walked out of gate having no ability to do any social anything.

Message 4 of 25 (789 Views)

@BioCryo

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to gain as much information so this can be looked at by the studio.

You both have gone into preferences / social and ticked "allow access to same class stories"

Other thread in relation this was tatooine (Link to thread)  and they then got to alderaan and all was good again.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 5 of 25 (784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No problem about the questions,I don't mind answering questions, we are different classes so I never bothered with that setting, otherwise I have no idea what is going on and how code could do this to random people, it just doesn't make sense.

I just can't believe that a company would refuse tickets from people who aren't subscribers just because they don't feel like weeding out all the spam tickets (which can be really easily automated and I can't think of any other reason to not allow tickets), where they might get actual information about how glitchy their game is and the fact that I left for like 5 years to come back to a glitch that is way worse than any on any I encountered on release (and there were some bad ones on release).

We have since stopped caring as I have been trying to get off planet to just test out leaving to see if it works and since its taking me so long I just stopped bothering as I don't have the time or patience to playtest a game I used to love, again.... and I have no evidence telling me that getting to the fleet will even fix it anyway.

If you can use this information to help ensure that noone else has this issue please feel free to ask any question you want, I will tell you everything I have discovered step by step if you'd like (though I think I mostly got the gist of it said already).

PS: I messaged support, lack of response is... concerning... wish this game could have actually have done well.

Message 6 of 25 (776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

As for that thread you pointed me to, that sounds exactly like our problem, I'd be curious if they encountered a similar issue on Tython.

Of course, since I'm not a subscriber anymore I can't exactly respond to them so....

Message 7 of 25 (774 Views)

[ Edited ]

Technical issues was moved to here,so everyone could get access. there is also swtor CS in this forum as well.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 25 (773 Views)

@BioCryo

This issue has been narrowed down to just the Bastion Server at present, any other server should be fine.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 9 of 25 (757 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@BioCryo

As @proxos666 mentioned, it's been isolated on The Bastion so far, so it's still being looked into. I'll likely have an update for you in 24-48 hours!

Message 10 of 25 (745 Views)