Re: Can't find Import friends tab to link xbox account to Origin account

by RedFoxxie

Original Post

Can't find Import friends tab to link xbox account to Origin account

★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to link my xbox live account to my origin account for a solid 4-5 hours now to no avail. All the forums and help posted by EA says to go download the origin client (which I did) open the client and go into friends tab then click add a friend (which I did) It then says to hit the "import friend" option and there should be an option to link my xbox account/psn etc. Only there was no import friend option at all. Only a pop-up saying I can type in a friends email or name to add them. This is really starting to * me off since I literally only want to do this for the sake of Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect andromeda so I can use a world state from the previous games which I played on xbox 360. 

Message 1 of 2 (3,539 Views)

Re: Can't find Import friends tab to link xbox account to Origin account

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hey @RealDarkfundip

I am pretty sure that's outdated information. The friends menu used to look like this : http://answers.ea.com/ea/attachments/ea/battlefield-4/82452/3/3.JPG

Here's a more modern guidance : https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/

Copypasta'd from there :

"Make sure the Gamertag or PSN ID you’re trying to connect to is your main account

If it’s a sub-account that shares Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus, you won’t be able to connect it to your EA Account to play online.

If you made your EA Account using the same email address you use for Xbox Live or the PlayStation Network, load any EA game on your Xbox or PlayStation and your accounts should automatically connect.

• Is this your first EA game? You might need to log in when you first play it, even if your email addresses match.

If you’ve made your EA Account using a different email address, you should still be able to sign into your EA Account when you log into an EA game and access our servers. You’ll be prompted automatically when to log in to your EA Account."

I hope this would help you out !

Message 2 of 2 (3,520 Views)