Re: Can't change email

by frosteey

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't change email

★★★ Newbie

I'm not able to change the email associated with my Origin account.  I keep getting an error on the email field that reads " ID contains a prohibited word or character".  Origin ID isn't being changed and I've tried 3 different email addresses all getting the same error.

Any ideas??

Message 1 of 20 (15,982 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

same here, have no access to my old email and tried to change it for new one but no joy, quite dissapointed because it might be a simply fix for it

GUYS, SOLUTION HERE:

just went to EA support at https://help.ea.com/contact-us (must login as first), changed country on the bottom to USA, then Origin>account>PC and Lve Chat was available ..wooohooo, was waiting for 5 minutes, then took to helpdesk ( have a activation code one of the games linked to your account ready !!!!!! ) ...and he changed my email in few minutes Standard smile

View in thread

Message 8 of 20 (16,591 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

same probelm :/ wish  they would just take the secound to fix little problems like these.

Message 2 of 20 (15,940 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

samee problem here , i hope they fix this problem before all people with low nervs like me will throw the pc on window or maybe will quit from ea services..

Message 3 of 20 (15,936 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here!

Message 4 of 20 (15,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, I believe the verification process for the emails is probably catching the username verifications and not allowing us to enter a @ and . (dot)

Message 5 of 20 (15,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It sucks

Message 6 of 20 (15,786 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here

Message 7 of 20 (15,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

same here, have no access to my old email and tried to change it for new one but no joy, quite dissapointed because it might be a simply fix for it

GUYS, SOLUTION HERE:

just went to EA support at https://help.ea.com/contact-us (must login as first), changed country on the bottom to USA, then Origin>account>PC and Lve Chat was available ..wooohooo, was waiting for 5 minutes, then took to helpdesk ( have a activation code one of the games linked to your account ready !!!!!! ) ...and he changed my email in few minutes Standard smile

Message 8 of 20 (16,592 Views)

★★★★ Novice

solution posted, enjoy Standard smile

Message 9 of 20 (15,749 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here, ^ It seems like a lot of hassle to go through to change a simple e mail address, I guess I will just wait till they realize the problem and make a simple fix.

Message 10 of 20 (15,741 Views)