Can not pre-order EA games from Ukrainian PS Store

by Waynerok

Original Post

Re: Can not pre-order EA games from Ukrainian PS Store

★★★ Apprentice

The whole world began to play on September 12, we will play 4 days before the implementation, bravo EA!

Message 41 of 53 (1,564 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Add ukrainian language please.

Message 42 of 53 (1,516 Views)

★ Apprentice

лол, куди ти хочеш його додати?

Message 43 of 53 (1,507 Views)

When I'll be able to purchase digital copies of EA games in PS store?

★ Novice

Hi,

I know about Russia and Crimea restrictions, but why whole Ukraine? Is someone solving this issue? 

Message 44 of 53 (1,299 Views)

EA games unavailable in region (Ukraine)

★ Apprentice

Dear Sirs,

Some time ago All new EA games were banned in Ukraine region. According to answer in ea.answers forum it was mentioned that it is due to US law as part of sanctions related to Crimea annexation by Russia.
And here is a problem.
Crimea was a part of Ukraine, annexed by Russia few years ago. Later Russia started a war on other part of Ukraine. Due to this EU and US started sanctions against Russia (!) because of their agressive behavior. (Please pay attention here - sanctions against Russia, not Ukraine).
Also sanctions are enabled for Crimea, which is correct. but the problem here is that peaople on Crimea are using Russian internet segment, 99% of them have Russian IPs. I believe it is possible for you to check, so please do it.
So, according to all this information provided - either EA made a mistake and banned wrong country (should have been blocked Russia, not Ukraine), or EA should have banned both regions (Russia and Ukraine.
My request here is to recheck this situation as a whole. Recheck what actually this law obliged you to do (which market to block). Provide proper official answer somewhere, so people will stop annoying your support team, etc.

Regards,
Andrii
Message 45 of 53 (1,380 Views)

Re: EA games unavailable in region (Ukraine)

★★ Novice

Recently all Electronic Arts games in the Ukrainian PSN store have been removed (as well as the pre-orders for new game releases). In this regard, within this forum, one Ukrainian gamer has requested the support service to provide an explanation concerning this situation. Your representative replied that this situation arose due to the sanctions against the Crimea, which was annexed by Russia. However, I can fully assure you that the Electronic Arts management’s assessment of the whole situation related to the Crimea is improper. Here are some facts related to that:

- All the gamers from the Crimea use the Russian PSN store

- All the Crimean gamers have the Russian IP addresses now (the Crimea completely disconnected from the Ukrainian IP nodes two years ago).

This leads to a logical conclusion that the Electronic Arts’ decision to remove Your games from the Ukrainian PSN store has made it only worse for the gamers from continental Ukraine. Speaking about the Crimean residents – they weren’t impacted by this restriction in any way. In my opinion Electronic Arts did not investigate the situation in due course and introduced the restriction rashly. Moreover, multiple sanctions were imposed on the Crimea by a large number of American companies, not affecting the continental Ukraine residents. For example, such famous giants as Google and Apple are among this number of companies. In their case, they restricted the Crimean residents’ access to their services by IP addresses, physical addresses and geolocation. Furthermore, no other publisher removed its games from the Ukrainian PSN store (for example, the Rock Star Games). For the foregoing reasons, I am requesting You to provide a detailed explanation of this situation. Besides, if You as an Electronic Art support agent are not authorized to assist in solving the present situation, please provide me with the contacts of the Department which is authorized to review and consider it.

Message 46 of 53 (1,255 Views)

★ Apprentice

Looks like it is working!!! I just made preorder on my Ukrainian account! (did it via PS store on Playstation, not via web page)

Message 47 of 53 (1,186 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Battlefront 2 still not available =(

Message 48 of 53 (1,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Battlefield is not available too. EA, your are just kidding. Most stupid decision in a whole game retail.

Message 49 of 53 (1,215 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree. This is the most foolish decision they have ever taken.

Message 50 of 53 (1,193 Views)