Battlefront doesn´t work /start

by D0c_meth

Original Post

Battlefront doesn´t work /start

★★★★ Novice

Hey, so I´ve had this issue for quite a while now. I´ve installed the data from the battlefront disk and downloaded the remaining data. Once fully installed, I´ve played it, which worked at first. I have played like 30 hours until one update (not sure which one) it stopped working. I´ve reinstalled it multiple times, didn´t change anything. I´ve downloaded new drivers, didn´t help. Now I´ve just got an error from origin, when I was downloading the origin update so the message said something like my operating system would be too old ( I ´ve got Win 64Bit) and I need Win 7 or higher. Maybe that helps helping me, not sure Wink

Oh and last time it worked was aprox. 10 months ago.

Will write my specs now:

CPU: ASUS i7-6700K -- 4,0GHz
graphic card: GTX 970
win 10: 64 bit
RAM: 16 GB -- DDR4 2,4GHz
SSD: 500 GB
HDD: 1 TB

Thanks for you help already,
Greetings Doc.

Message 1 of 15 (907 Views)

Re: Battlefront doesn´t work /start

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @D0c_meth 

If you are using Windows 10, you should have no problem running Origin client https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/install-origin.

How does the game crashes? Did you get any error message? Have you Repaired the game in Origin client? Can you run any other game in Origin, if you have any?

Cheers,
Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 15 (874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey archi,

thanks for your answer already.

"If you are using Windows 10, you should have no problem running Origin client" That´s what I thought Wink

But anyhow, now to answer your questions:

"How does the game crashes?"

It´s not really the game which crashes but more the, not sure if you could say "starter"? Like I explained earlier that the blue "loading circle" stops without having done anything (after ~10 secs).

"Did you get any error message?"

Nope, at none of the crashes did an error message show up.

"Have you Repaired the game in Origin client?"

I have repaired the game several times (around 15x ) sometimes even download some data but never helped out.

( "Can you run any other game in Origin, if you have any?"

Well, I do have other origin games but none of them are installed )

I hope that helps you,

Greetings

Doc

Message 3 of 15 (856 Views)

Thank you @D0c_meth for additional information. 

Have you tried to Flush DNS cache files and clear Origin cache files? Performing a Clean Boot can also resolve this. 

Keep me posted.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 15 (849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey Archi,

so, I´m not sure what flushing my DNS cache does but if I got it right it deletes nearly everything on my computer. If yes, I rather don´t  do that and having to live with battlefront not working (correct me please if I´m wrong!).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/ => I´ve done already because another community  told me to but didn´t help out aswell :/

Maybe got any other ideas?

Greetings Doc

Message 5 of 15 (835 Views)

@D0c_meth 

Flushing DNS won`t ruin anything on you PC, it will get rid of outdated data that may be causing those issues. And have you tried the Clean Boot?

Archi.png
Message 6 of 15 (827 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did flush my dns cache now but didn´t help aswell. Won´t do clean boot because it clearly says that the pc could temporarily lose some functionality:

"Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot."

Clean boot

Message 7 of 15 (814 Views)

@D0c_meth 

Temporarily, means no damage will be done to your system. We will just be able to see, if anything in your Windows default load prevents the game from starting. This article has part, 

How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting  

which explains for to load your system back as usual.

Archi.png
Message 8 of 15 (809 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, did a clean boot now but still didn´t help and again no error showed up.

Message 9 of 15 (791 Views)

Hello @D0c_meth 

Can you try to disable Origin in game option for Star Wars Battlefront? It can be found in game`s Properties menu. Can you also download and install Mass Effect 2? It is available for free in Origin right now.

Archi.png
Message 10 of 15 (772 Views)