Battlefield 1 graphical artifacts

by Zacharyb53

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 1 graphical artifacts

★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

A few months ago (mid June) BF1 started showing weird graphical artifacts. I thought I could get used to it but it has gotten much worse to the point where it is almost unplayable when set on ultra settings. If I decrease the setting to low it reduces the artifacts however they are still present. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and has a suggestion on how to fix it. I'll attach some screens of the issue. I have the most recent drivers but still no change.

PC components (All new):

MOBO: Asus M5A97-R2 970

CPU: AMD fx 8350

GPU: Sapphire 8GB RX 470 Nitro+

PSU: Corsair VS650

RAM: 8GB (4GBx2) Kingston hyperX fury

Thank you,

Zacharyb53

Message 1 of 9 (2,508 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 1 graphical artifacts

★★ Novice

Hi @Carbonic,

Sorry for the extremely slow reply. It seems that from changing the frame limiter settings in BF1 to the refresh rate of my screen has fixed the issue. It was a pure fluke that I even change this setting. I have played it a number of times now with no issues.

I also ran Furmark and it was running smoothly with no issues. 

Thank you, and @IIPrest0nII for your suggestions.

Cheers,

Zacharyb53. 

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (2,597 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Zacharyb53 Hello,

Have you tried to reinstall/update your graphics driver? Can you try to repair the game via Origin client?

If that doesn't work, try to reset your settings by deleting PROFSAVE_profile file in your Documents>>Battlefield 1>>Settings.

Message 2 of 9 (2,489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you @IIPrest0nII for your reply,

I tried everything you suggested, however, it didn't seem to fix it. 

I have attached a video. Hopefully it works.

Thank you again,

Zacharyb53.

Message 3 of 9 (2,471 Views)

★★ Novice

The video didn't work.

I don't really know how to upload it either.

Message 4 of 9 (2,467 Views)

Hero

You could just use Youtube and link it here.

In any case, this type of artifacting is in my experience typically because of a dying graphics card or heat issues. What temperatures are you having on your graphics card when this happens?

carbonic signature

Message 5 of 9 (2,465 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello @Carbonic,

This is the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwKCPXxM_8M

This is just an example of one map. Depending on the map it may be slightly better or worse. 

I really hope it isn't dying because it was purchased new at the start of the year.

Temps are generally (not under load) are about 30C and when under load about 60 - 65C. which I thought were good temps. it doesn't matter if it is cold or if I have been playing for hours it doesn't get better or worse.

Thank you,

Zacharyb53.

Message 6 of 9 (2,457 Views)

Hero

Hardware sadly dies sometimes. Have you tried testing the graphics card on other games? Perhaps testing the graphics card using Furmark (which should max out the card) will cause the same issues.

Can you attach a dxdiag? https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

carbonic signature

Message 7 of 9 (2,449 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @Carbonic,

Sorry for the extremely slow reply. It seems that from changing the frame limiter settings in BF1 to the refresh rate of my screen has fixed the issue. It was a pure fluke that I even change this setting. I have played it a number of times now with no issues.

I also ran Furmark and it was running smoothly with no issues. 

Thank you, and @IIPrest0nII for your suggestions.

Cheers,

Zacharyb53. 

Message 8 of 9 (2,598 Views)

Hero

Glad your issue got fixed.

Setting the framelimiter low would cause the graphics card to have more breathing room and thus generate less heat.

So, if I was you I would be happy that it's working but be aware of the card in the future in case other issues pop up when you stress the card.

carbonic signature

Message 9 of 9 (2,420 Views)