Re: Battlefield 1 - Single-player Achievements Not Unlocking - PC

by samurai_manny

Original Post

Battlefield 1 - Single-player Achievements Not Unlocking - PC

★★ Novice

I have completed the entire campaign, and all of the challenges or "codex entries" within the campaign. However, on my Origin achievements page two of the achievements will not pop-up as "unlocked." They continue to show as "not yet completed." In my particular case these two achievements are "Taking down giants" and "Sound of thunder." I was able to contact Dan from EA Help and inform him of my situation, inquiring if EA would be able to access my account and unlock those achievements manually or if I had any other options. Dan was helpful, but unfortunately he told me that being as my issue was involved with the single-player campaign their hands are kind of tied, per his words, as support is limited for this game. He directed me to report a bug and to post to this forum. I have done some searching online and found that other people have had the same problem with various achievements failing to unlock for various games on Origin, seemingly at random, and it appears this bug has not been very well addressed by EA. I realize that this post is not a question, but more of an informative post; however, I am in the process of reporting this bug as I write this post and I hope to see it resolved soon. Thank you, Dan from EA help, and thank you EA for listening to my concerns. -Jed

Message 1 of 5 (857 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I don't know if that is helpful also but did you tried to deleted and upload the game. and try to play that section again to see if you can unlock those achievements. remember is single player .. or did you tried to play that achievement again to see if you can unlock it again . because its a glitch it might work if you tried the second time . best regards.

Manny

Message 2 of 5 (840 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @jd62908 and thank you for those kind words, toward our support. I know unlocking those achievements can bу frustrating sometime. But unfortunately, the best course of action, is to try to perform tasks required to unlock them, one more time. For achievements not to unlock can be an issue of poor Internet connection as well, so check this article here, perform troubleshooting steps, described there, and try to get those illusive achievements one more time. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 3 of 5 (826 Views)

★★ Novice

I attempted to delete all of my files and reinstall the game before I made the original post. The game is saved  on Origin's cloud system, so my single-player progress still showed as 100% complete and would not allow me to complete the requirements for this achievement again. I did complete the tasks required to unlock the achievement again with slim hopes that the game would recognize it as me completing the achievement and that it would pop-up as unlocked. Unfortunately this did not work.

Message 4 of 5 (815 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @jd62908 and thank you for additional information. I know how frustrating this can be. I will forward your post to our experts to take a closer look. PC troubleshooting can be a tricky one, and achievements unlocking is tightly connected with your network quality. Sometime logging into your account, using alternative connection can trigger those them to unlock. So, meanwhile, let us know, should you see any development in this. I hope you can play multiplayer part of Battlefield 1?

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 5 of 5 (802 Views)