Battlefield 1 Freezing Issues in Campaign and Muliplayer

by wikedfish

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 1 Freezing Issues in Campaign and Muliplayer

★★ Novice

Hello

I am experiencing periodic freezing during multiplayer and single player. Its happens every time. Its usually every few seconds or so. And lasts for about 2-3 seconds each time. I am running it on a PC. I cannot provide screenshots nor do I have an easy way of providing video footage of this happening but I believe my explanation should be enough.

There is no error message, nor does the game crash. It runs but poorly. The game runs smoothly when it runs then freezes.

What I have tried to do to fix the issue:

I tried dropping the graphics settings. The issue remained exactly the same. Just looked terrible. Smooth gameplay with periodic freezing. I tried various graphics settings. This led me to believe it was not the graphics card. Geforce GTX 960 2gb.

I googled for any answers. The only PC related one I could find was to open msconfig and disable all non microsoft services. I disabled all in services and then tools as well. This made a slight difference in the beginning. But continued after a few minutes. Not as consistent as before but almost identical.

I then searched on your forums. And found a similar issue but it didnt offer any additional insight. I found a detection link that would test my pc to see if it was compatiable. Everything was except the CPU. Given that changing the graphics settings made no difference this made sense.

As my issue with Battlefield games in the past has been my graphic card, i believe that past games have been more strain on the card, so I am hoping there will be some work around for this.

My DxDiag is attached. Please help me. Otherwise I will need to refund this game and I really do not want to do that.

Message 1 of 9 (1,197 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 1 Freezing Issues in Campaign and Muliplayer

Hero

You CPU slow and I fear that might be the issue. In any case, there is a few things to check. If you run the game with "perfoverlay.drawgraph 1" entered into the console does anything happen with the graph when the freeze occours? I would ask for a screenshot but since you are not providing those.

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,332 Views)

All Replies

Hero

You CPU slow and I fear that might be the issue. In any case, there is a few things to check. If you run the game with "perfoverlay.drawgraph 1" entered into the console does anything happen with the graph when the freeze occours? I would ask for a screenshot but since you are not providing those.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 9 (1,333 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @wikedfish 

And just to add to @Carbonic great advice, can you try to load your system with the Clean Boot and try to run the game? 

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 3 of 9 (1,180 Views)

★★ Novice

I will try that. Another possible reason is that the hard drive speed is too low for this game. That didnt even occur to me but the IT guy at work mentioned it as a possibility. Do you think that could be one. And how would I check without opening my pc and looking on the drive itself? Any test?

Message 4 of 9 (1,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Alright so I tried the clean boot again and same result. @EA_Archi

Message 5 of 9 (1,154 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I did not think a screen shot is required as it was a freezing issue. And how would a screenshot show that. But I did what you asked, I entered the perfoverlay.drawgraph 1 in the console. The yellow line (cpu) spikes to the top of the screen when the game freezes. So it is definitely the CPU. The spike does not show when the freeze occurs, but only afterwards as the enter game is frozen. @Carbonic

Message 6 of 9 (1,147 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the help guys.

I requested a refund as I do not believe CPU being too slow is a solvable issue without money being spent on an upgrade. I really appreciated your ideas and attempts to help me. Thanks

@EA_Archi @Carbonic

Message 7 of 9 (1,137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same issue as the op. I have run clean boot, I have dleted  the profsave file and reverified. I just ran the perfoverlay drawgraph 1 and wow, I found what ithought was the issue. its not his or my cpu issue..... I logged in and joined multiplayer and graph was spiking crazy. switched to a squad by myself and boom fixed except loading and respawns. when I am in multiplayer squad alone I run about 20% cpu and 30% gpu.  when in squad I run spikes over 100% big time. ultra and low settings make no difference. I have seen this issue on 1 other game game firefall, and it was due to not being coded to run amd  products, which they hotfixed and optimized. it looks to me battlefield 1 is being sold to everyone even though every cannot run it.. which is false advertisement..they need to fix this. I have contacted support which led me here in a circle as normal origin would do... if anyone can help or add to this I need help. but I feel its the game itself. bf1 runs 60 hz servers which just make the issue even worse showing poor conection issues if you drop below 60 fps. I play bf4 on 30hx servers and I can run that ok same coding I suspect aswell.

just as a note I can run ARMA 3 on ultra with no issue's which is way more detailed graphics just for the record.  here are my specs. and plz help if you can... sigh Frown

- amd9590 fx 4.8 ghz

- g.skill ripjaws 2400mhz

- Samsung 850 evo ssd 1tb on rapid mode

- asus crosshair v fomula-z

- 2 radeon sapphire r9 nitro fury's in crossfire

- corsair h 110 I water cooler

Message 8 of 9 (1,093 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue as the op. I have run clean boot, I have dleted  the profsave file and reverified. I just ran the perfoverlay drawgraph 1 and wow, I found what ithought was the issue. its not his or my cpu issue..... I logged in and joined multiplayer and graph was spiking crazy. switched to a squad by myself and boom fixed except loading and respawns. when I am in multiplayer squad alone I run about 20% cpu and 30% gpu.  when in squad I run spikes over 100% big time. ultra and low settings make no difference. I have seen this issue on 1 other game game firefall, and it was due to not being coded to run amd  products, which they hotfixed and optimized. it looks to me battlefield 1 is being sold to everyone even though every cannot run it.. which is false advertisement..they need to fix this. I have contacted support which led me here in a circle as normal origin would do... if anyone can help or add to this I need help. but I feel its the game itself. bf1 runs 60 hz servers which just make the issue even worse showing poor conection issues if you drop below 60 fps. I play bf4 on 30hx servers and I can run that ok same coding I suspect aswell.

just as a note I can run ARMA 3 on ultra with no issue's which is way more detailed graphics just for the record.  here are my specs. and plz help if you can... sigh Frown

- amd9590 fx 4.8 ghz

- g.skill ripjaws 2400mhz

- Samsung 850 evo ssd 1tb on rapid mode

- asus crosshair v fomula-z

- 2 radeon sapphire r9 nitro fury's in crossfire

- corsair h 110 I water cooler

Message 9 of 9 (1,088 Views)