Battlefield 1 Black Screen Issue on Startup and in game

by YourMemesAreCrap

Original Post

Battlefield 1 Black Screen Issue on Startup and in game

★★ Novice

Ok so Battlefield 1 for me has been running perfectly until this morning, I tried to get on and all of a sudden my screen went black and one of the fans from my PC either the CPU or the GPU fan started spinning really loudly and the monitor said "no video input"

I try rebooting my computer and try getting on the game again but this time the fan thing doesn't happen but the screen still keeps going black.

I found out that if I delete my PROFSAVE file then that would fix it so I tried that out and I managed to get on the main menu of the game but whenever I try to join a game like just as the game begins my screen goes black again and I can still hear the audio in the background.

Pls help 

Message 1 of 3 (361 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1 Black Screen Issue on Startup and in game

★ Apprentice

Hello, are you running DX12 or not in the BF1 settings? a while ago i had a similar problem, when DX12 was enabled i would get a black screen when starting the game but the sound was still running in the background so i went into the PROFSAVE_profile and edited it with note pad ++ (changed enable DX12 from a 1 to a 0) this disables DX12 and lets you run it on DX11. but i have to say that the problem doesn't exist any more and i am able to run on DX12 how it got solved i dont know, maybe something to do with the latest update. you say your fans spin loudly when starting the game, perhaps a driver issue or your GPU could be on its why out? iv'e never heard of your problem before but i do hope its not a fault with your GPU as you know what that means, good luck.

Message 2 of 3 (350 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1 Black Screen Issue on Startup and in game

★★ Novice

No dude I always run it in DX11 and my hardware specifications can run the game perfectly as well,

i7 4790

GTX 1070

16GB RAM

Like there's nothing wrong with the GPU 

Yeah I thought it was a driver issue as well but then I updated the driver, my fan has only done this once the main problem is the black screen issue Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (348 Views)