Bad Connection

by ItsAThreat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bad Connection

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, recently I have been having the bad connection to servers. It is very frustrating to play, and is worse on Walker Assault rather than Hero Hunt. I've had this game since around a year and some months, and I haven't been able to play it properly. I tried everything on the thread, forwarded the ports, troubleshooted, checked firewall, etc. Nothing worked. I would really like to play and get this fixed before Battlefront 2 comes out so I know I'll be able to play that.

Message 1 of 11 (1,317 Views)

Accepted Solution

All Replies

Re: Bad Connection

★★★★★ Novice

PC, and yes, nothing worked.

I ran msi afterburner and noticed that my GPU drops the 0 every 5 seconds which is causing the bad server connection.

Message 3 of 11 (1,287 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @ItsAThreat,

were you able to fix that issue by disabling MSI Afterburner or am I misreading this? Would be great if you could clarify if that was the culprit here. Cheers.

Message 4 of 11 (1,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

No, I will try to disable msi afterburner

Also, the issue might be is when I am getting about 4032mb of ram used from the game and I only have 4. The game requires 8 so that is most likely the issue. If it is, I will buy the RAM as soon as I pre-order BFII Standard smile

Message 5 of 11 (1,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Disabling MSI afterburner helped a little bit, but for games like walker assault I get bad connection crazy, for games like heroes vs. villans it only comes for the first few minutes. I believe I need another stick of ram since I don't meet the requirements, thoughts?

Message 6 of 11 (1,267 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ItsAThreat I'm not sure it will help, but try to run a clean boot on your PC and check the game  https://help.ea.com/tr/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Message 7 of 11 (1,258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have already done this before, it did not help, but thank you.

I would like to point out, after every game of walker assault, supremacy, or any big games, not including heros vs. villans sends me a message and brings me back to the home screen saying EA servers are not available, or something like that. When I play heros vs. villans, it does not do that. I am able to join a game, it's just when a game ends I lose connection.

Message 8 of 11 (1,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar problem.  Here are some of my computer specs:

i7-6700 CPU @4.00GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

16GB Memory

I get the Yellow warning numerous times while playing and the Red warning when I die and respawn and have gotten booted back out a few times.  I have checked my internet speed during the Red warning and am getting 100 Mbps at the time.  I have tried many of the trouble shooting things, like running as admin, flushdns and all my drivers are up to date.

Thoughts?

Message 9 of 11 (1,238 Views)

★ Novice
Same issue with Xbox One - bad connection, kicked from game, then lost connection warning

I went through the EA article on opening ports, but to no avail. This does not happen with any other game (e.g., Overwatch).
Message 10 of 11 (1,187 Views)