BF1 and VPN Issues

by viperwolf02

Original Post

BF1 and VPN Issues

★ Apprentice

Im hoping someone can help me. Im not trying to do anything fishy, I bought the game legit and im playing in my own area.
The problem no matter what VPN i use, i cannot go online in BF1. Orgin will load and connect, and the game will load, but will not go online. If i load without VPN, BF1 will go online. What am doing wrong, I tried dynamic and static IPs.
Yes i have a reason for trying to play through a VPN in my own area. Its nothing illegal, we are trying to solve disconnect issues.

Message 1 of 17 (2,068 Views)

Re: BF1 and VPN Issues

Hero (Retired)

Hello @viperwolf02

Try to reboot your Internet (Modem or Router) and PC. Then, go to Origin client and make Repair Game (Right-click on the Battlefield 1 icon and select "Repair") After, try to play Battlefield 1 with VPN.

Message 2 of 17 (2,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I tried what you said its still the same. Im sure its just a setting that i need to change. I just have no idea what it would be. My network settings or Origin settings. The VPN works for everything else except BF1. Orgin loads and connects, BF1 loads but wont go online.

I know it should work bc that is how some are playing and not getting disconnected

Message 3 of 17 (2,026 Views)

Hero

Have you tried exiting Origin, then starting up the VPN, checking it works, then starting Origin and trying to play?

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 17 (2,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes i did try this carbonic, the VPN works with everything except BF1. It works with Orgin or steam. The only thing is BF1 game will not go online. I know its just a setting somewhere. I have no idea what though. Would Origin block the VPN even if it running with the VPN? not sure if that made sense.

EDIT :A little more info that may help. It seems with any VPN even my campaign wont load. The SP Campaign will load to selection window but will stay on the loading screen when launching the game. Ive repaired and reinstalled the game several times already. With out the VPN it will load and play fine. what dang setting do i have that is messed up?  

Message 5 of 17 (1,996 Views)

Hero

Have you tried a different VPN? I just tried a VPN here and it logged in and played fine.

carbonic signature

Message 6 of 17 (1,983 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes i have, three different ones. One of those was from another player , so i know it works. thats why im saying its a setting that i have messed up somewhere. I just dont know where to look. would it be anything in services that BF1 would use to connect with a VPN? Thats a far reach i know. I looked through Orgin and BF1 settings and i cant find anything. Im racking my brain out with this.

Message 7 of 17 (1,975 Views)

★ Apprentice

can anyone help with this?

Message 8 of 17 (1,934 Views)

Hero

I'm guessing it's possible that your VPN doesn't allow certain ports or types of traffic. You should talk with your VPN provider about that, the ports required for BF1 + Origin is listed on Help.ea.com

carbonic signature

Message 9 of 17 (1,923 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have all the port forwarded for Origin,BF1,3,4. I have tried 4 different VPNs and BF1 is the only thing it does not work for.  I had a Tech come out and he looked everything over and did not understand why its not working. These VPNs work for everyone else

Message 10 of 17 (1,908 Views)