BF1 Won't Launch After New Update

by xPancakethief

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF1 Won't Launch After New Update

★★★ Newbie

Sorry if this is a repost, I've read a lot of things around the web but nothing recent.

Basically my problem is that Battlefield 1 won't launch after the new (~2GB) update.

It start on windowed mode, doesn't finish loading up. When I click it it takes me to fullscreen and freezes.

After about 2 mins it closes itself due to a problem and my desktop and cursor start runing at around 5fps - needs a reset.

I've tried:
-Repairing the game

-Reinstalling the game

-Deleting the PROFSAVES and everything in the Documents folder

-Runing bf1.exe , ActivationUI.exe and Origin.exe as admin (and giving them admin rights)

-Runing in compatability mode for Win7

I am currently using Win10 (up to date), NVidia driver are UP TO DATE, and all other driver are up to date.

Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix 1060 6GB
Ryzen 5 1600

16GB RAM DDR4

Asus Prime B350-PLUS MB

I was running the game with no problem whatsoever before this update.

I kinda regret buying it and buying Premium now, that I can't even open the game. Yay!

Message 1 of 13 (3,420 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF1 Won't Launch After New Update

★★ Novice

I've created a new administartor user in windows and then the game did boot up and was able to play  it said needed an ui update or something, played a few rounds and after that i changed back to my original account and the game did start aswell....... weird problem but it works for now.

View in thread

Message 4 of 13 (5,021 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Since the latest update, I too am unable to get BF1 to launch.

I cannot even get the application to start whatsoever, even after game repair and reviewing application properties. After clicking play in Origin, the Origin app minimized as it would to launch BF1.exe, the game does not start, and then Origin brings itself to the front again. 

Only occurred after latest update. 

Message 2 of 13 (3,380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i have the same problem, after every update my game doesnt run.  tried different things. tried to repair the game reboot ect ect...nothing works...even did the trick, of enabling admin rights to the C: programdata/ea logs and ea core.....doesnt change a thing.

HELP EA!!!!

system specs:

i7 4770k

16gb ram

msi z87- gd65 gaming

samsung ssd 850 evo 500gb

Nvidia GTX1080

windows 10pro (all updated)

nvidia game ready driver 384.76

Message 3 of 13 (3,334 Views)

★★ Novice

I've created a new administartor user in windows and then the game did boot up and was able to play  it said needed an ui update or something, played a few rounds and after that i changed back to my original account and the game did start aswell....... weird problem but it works for now.

Message 4 of 13 (5,022 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Chemical_NL 

Thank you for sharing your solution with us here. Glad to know, you can play Battlefield 1 now. I hope @xPancakethief and @Manipulatory were also able to resolve this. Let us know, if there is anything else we can do for you.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 5 of 13 (3,296 Views)

★★ Novice
No problem @EA_Archi, i hope this problem can be solved. Atleast there is a solution for it, but it would be nice if it worked right after the update.

And i do hope for the other lads they got it working aswell.

Cheers
Message 6 of 13 (3,282 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Chemical_NL 

PC troubleshooting can be tough challenge. We are trying to do our best, to prevent any such issues with our games. I will add your post to my report on our forum, for the developers to take this into consideration.

Cheers.,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 7 of 13 (3,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For about a week I also have had this issue.  I can't play the game at all.   Just crashes while loading.  Very frustrating.

Message 8 of 13 (2,765 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @littlebigman045,

as it may contain valuable information, would you be happy to create a DxDiag file and share that with us here? That'd be awesome - here's how you do this.

Message 9 of 13 (2,707 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Well I would but I'm not sure it would help at this point. I uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics card driver and then I did a check/repair files in origin and it started working again.
Message 10 of 13 (2,690 Views)