BF1 On XB1 Missing Multiplayer Privileges (Solved)

by DeathTwin2

Original Post

BF1 On XB1 Missing Multiplayer Privileges (Solved)

★★★★ Apprentice

All Community Members;

If you are attempting to access multiplayer game play and are receiving the error "Missing Multiplayer Privileges", I have been in your shoes.  After two days of troubleshooting, turned out that my credit card had expired a couple months prior to the issues happening.

I had previously, properly updated my credit card information to the new card with Microsoft for purchasing content (games, apps, etc.) on the Xbox Store.  However, I did not know I had to ALSO update my information on a secondary payment system with Microsoft for Xbox Gold auto pay to use the new card.  So when I checked my card information on my Xbox One, it appeared correct, but I didn't know to look for that secondary system for Xbox Gold.  So my Xbox Gold membership was two months expired.  Weird part was everything else requiring a gold subscription was working as normal, only BF1 multiplayer was giving issues, so I was under the impression that my Gold Membership was active and functioning, as was Microsoft.

So, here are your steps for troubleshooting:

***Alpha - One - High - Priority Step is CONTACT MICROSOFT DIRECTLY AND VERIFY WITH A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP THAT YOUR GOLD MEMBERSHIP IS UP TO DATE AND ACTIVE!!! ***

I cannot stress the above step enough.  Do this item first.  If everything is good there, here are your next steps:

*** If you contact EA Customer Support, these next steps are ones they will REQUIRE you to do before anything further is done. ***

1. Spammed "Try Again" button on multiplayer screen (In-Game)
  2. Cleared Persistent Cache (On Console)
  3. Reset Alternate MAC Address (On Console)
  4. Power Cycle Console
  5. Power Cycle Modem
  6. Power Cycle Router
  7. Delete Save File (On Console)
  8. Uninstall / Reinstall Game (On Console)
  9. Verified Gold Status (With Microsoft -- Yes, do it again)
  10. Verified Unrestricted Access Including No Age Restrictions (On Console)
  11. Verified All Other Games And Apps Installed Function Properly (On Console)
  12. Signed Out Of Profile / Signed Back In To Profile (On Console)
  13. Verified Game Is Fully Updated (On Console)

If you complete these steps and are still having the same error, contact EA customer support.  The phone number is available via "Contact Us" through this website.  They will verify your account is properly registered and active on their end.

If the issue still occurs, in the words of the support rep I spoke with:  "There is literally nothing else on our end that could be wrong and nothing else we could possibly do for you what-so-ever, so it has to be an issue with your Xbox Live Account or profile.  You can call me back if Microsoft can't help you, but I can assure you there is nothing else we could possibly do for you on our end."  I believe her still and that trust is hard to get out of me with Level 1 / Phone Support reps due to my profession.  She was VERY knowledgeable and confident.  What she wasn't sure about, or in my case, information given to the community by a moderator on a different thread which was 100% wrong, she knew exactly who to contact, how to contact them immediately, and how to walk through the issue and response with them and myself without pause.

I hope this helps out at least one person.

Message 1 of 3 (4,761 Views)

Re: BF1 On XB1 Missing Multiplayer Privileges (Solved)

★★★ Newbie

I got Battlefield 1 for Christmas and it wont let me play on multiplayer what do i do

Message 2 of 3 (3,631 Views)

Re: BF1 On XB1 Missing Multiplayer Privileges (Solved)

@Magicmaxno78 wrote:

I got Battlefield 1 for Christmas and it wont let me play on multiplayer what do i do

We can't advise you until you tell us what is going on in detail. What does the error that you receive when you try to play say? Is it the one that the OP is discussing? Have you tried his steps if it is?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 3 (3,569 Views)