An Unknown Error Has Been Found, Please Try Again.

by ethan_waldeck

Original Post

Accepted Solution

An Unknown Error Has Been Found, Please Try Again.

★★★ Newbie

I found a bug on the launcher, but I am not a subscriber, so the only way to report this bug is to come here, unfortunately enough. Anyways, in game, it was late at night, and I was playing it, as a level 23 jedi, and then I decided to log off and go to bed. The game wasn't closing correctly, and was freezing up and stuff, so I had to force shut it down. Then the next morning, I wanted to play the game again, and the launcher was glitching out. It started initializing, and the said "An unknown error was found. Please try again." So I restarted the launcher, and it did it again, and I tried restarting it 3 more times, even my entire computer, and it still wouldn't work. I knew that something was wrong. I have a small experience in computer programming, so I had the confidence that I could try and go into the game's files and try to fix it. I would begin my investigation in the 'launcher.settings' file, and I opened it with an application called 'Notepad++', and it was just a list of set variables, in JavaScript. However, I knew that the game utilizes an application called BitRaider, and the activation boolean (a true or false JavaScript variable) for BitRaider was set to 'false'. The boolean was called ', "bitraider_disable":'. I don't know why bitraider would need to be disabled to play the game, but everything else was set to false as well, so I just went with it. I started switching around different booleans and got different results, but it still wasn't working properly, and that was until I came across the , "bitraider_disable": boolean again.  So I set it to true, and saved it, and restarted the launcher, and it was working properly. So, in conclusion. I'd assume that the bug was that the BitRaider activation boolean in the launcher.settings file would sometimes, automatically deactivate itself. I don't know why, but that is where whatever SWTOR officials that see this need to go in and fix this.

Message 1 of 3 (355 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: An Unknown Error Has Been Found, Please Try Again.

@ethan_waldeck

Glad that you got yourself out of trouble

There is 2 patching methods as mentioned in this Link

Disabling Bitraider is detailed in this guide link  and pretty much involves a new game download 

There is also a guide for unspecified error guide at this link and the bitraider service at this link

However if you have bitraider disabled now and if you ever need to run a repair for non streaming it is per below.

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner.
If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (434 Views)

All Replies

@ethan_waldeck

Glad that you got yourself out of trouble

There is 2 patching methods as mentioned in this Link

Disabling Bitraider is detailed in this guide link  and pretty much involves a new game download 

There is also a guide for unspecified error guide at this link and the bitraider service at this link

However if you have bitraider disabled now and if you ever need to run a repair for non streaming it is per below.

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner.
If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (435 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alright, thanks so much.

Message 3 of 3 (337 Views)