Re: Already Redeemed Game, but it's unplayable

by EA_Joker

Original Post

Already Redeemed Game, but it's unplayable

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I purchased my PS4 around Christmas Time of 2015, and the device came with a redeem code for Star Ward Battlefront. I used the code and was able to play the game soon after purchase, but tonight when I went to play it again, the file was locked. A lock icon appeared next to the title in my library, and when I went to the PlayStation store they wanted me to buy the game again. The game came with the initial PlayStation purchase, and was not supposed to be a trial game. When I went to redeem the game again, thinking it might have been lost after a PS4 update, the store acknowledged that the code had already been redeemed. I still have all trophies and statuses from my previous purchase and plays, but the point is that the game is locked for some reason. I'm a casual player, but I still deserve to keep my games. Is there any way to fix this and unlock my game again? I shouldn't have to purchase the same game twice. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 2 (278 Views)

Re: Already Redeemed Game, but it's unplayable

EA Community Manager

Hey @olivemjo,

this issue usually occurs related to sharing your game library with other people or using the "Primary Console" feature.

If the code has already been redeemed on your account - grand, but of course you won't be able to redeem it a second time. You only have to log on to the account you purchased the game with.

Please do try the following:

- Set your PlayStation as your primary console as per above link

- Restore your licenses

- Reboot your console and check if the game is now available

That should cause the game to be "unlocked" again. 

Message 2 of 2 (264 Views)