Ads not giving gems, instead displaying this message

by MCFISHERMANPRO

Original Post

[Info request] Ads not playing

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello all,

We've had a few reports on Ads not playing in PvZ Heroes, I apologize for any inconvenience caused by these issues and we understand how frustrating these problems can be. In order to get to the bottom of this issue we would like to start off by sharing a potential workaround that seems to have helped a lot of our users on both platforms:

Android Device iPhone Device

1. Go to Google settings

2. Navigate to Ads

3. Select the option Reset  advertising ID

1. Privacy

2. Scroll to Advertising

3. Select the option Reset Ad Identifier

Once you've tried this workaround, if you are still running into issues we would need the following information off you to try get to the bottom of this issue, feel free to use the template below to answer the thread:

[Device Name]

[Operating System/OS]

[Player ID]

If need be here is a link to help you find your PvZ Heroes Player ID & I will also merge some of the existing posts into this to get the conversation going as well.

Thank you for your patience and understanding on this.

EA_Roger. 

Roger.png
Message 13 of 73 (29,925 Views)

Ads not giving gems, instead displaying this message

★★★ Newbie
Every time i watch an ad for gems it gives me this message now, sort of feels like im being scammed
Message 1 of 73 (29,991 Views)

Free Gems Ad Not Working

★★★★★ Novice

When I watch ads to get free gems, the ad will play through and I will click the X. At the end, however, it says "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again later." This happens 100% of the time when the ad for "Dig Out!" plays, but it happens with most other ads, too. This has happened on and off in the past, but never over and over like this. I have restarted the app and my phone several times and it still continues. I play on an iPhone SE and have iOS 10.3.2.

Message 2 of 73 (30,058 Views)

Re: Free Gems Ad Not Working

★★ Novice

I have come to believe that ea does not care. I will not spend another penny on the game because I feel scamed. Three days this is broken. I watch the ads and get no coins. I try and get hold of tech support nothing. I use both in game purchase and ads for free gems. EA YOU GET NO MORE MONEY FROM ME.  If people continue to not get gems for ads they will stop watching ads. NO MORE MONEY FROM ADS. The people paying for the ads will stop when we stop clicking, Don't you think you should fix this before you lose more money?

Message 3 of 73 (30,043 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I keep getting this as well. Sometimes it's 100% of the time and other times it's once or several times. I have constantly emailed EA and they give some generic message apologizing blah blah blah. Don't apologize, just fix the issue.
Message 4 of 73 (30,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Just the other day an ad appeared (I already have a problem with ads) and I clicked it, when the ad ended the problem message appeared, just great

Hope it's fixed the next update

Message 5 of 73 (29,993 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Been working better the past week.  Averaging 90 gems a day.

BPRD

Message 6 of 73 (29,981 Views)

★ Apprentice
I reported this issue many times from around August 2016. And after all tjis time with updates and patches etc it still is broken.

I basically stopped watching the videos, as it was a waste of my time. Occasionally I have watched a few to top up the gems, and yup still have the same problem.

Fail. EA just don't care.
Message 7 of 73 (29,968 Views)

Re: Ads not giving gems, instead displaying this message

★★★ Newbie
Check your internet connection that's always important. And I've quite a handful of people say that they can only watch ads once or twice a day so, do you by any chance get to watch the ads at all. Another fix is to check if your game is up to date cuz there are a few big fixes when a new update comes out (most times).
Message 8 of 73 (29,873 Views)

Re: only 10% of the ads are actually playing

★★★★★ Novice

Based on your description, I'm not sure I have the same issue. For me, I press the ad button, but then the screen goes totally black and nothing happens. I wait some time, but the screen stays black. No X appears anywhere on the screen. All I can do is force quit the app and restart, but then the exact same thing happens the next time the ad button appears.

Message 9 of 73 (29,836 Views)