Account compromised

by dabcabc

Original Post

Account compromised

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I created an account over a year ago for use with BF3.  I haven't logged in in several months, however when I tried to, in order to purchase and play SimCity I found my account password didn't work.  I reset my password fine, however the account name and details are incorrect and I can see activity in the BF3 battlelog website which shows someone has been using my account.

I can't change my details back as it asks for a security question which I am not aware of.  It looks from the help pages that this security question was introduced relatively recently and therefore was set up by the person using my account!

How do I reset the security question so that I am able to restore my details?

Regards,

Duncan

Message 1 of 4 (203 Views)

Re: Account compromised

Message 2 of 4 (184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me as well, I got an email today saying the password had been reset which I hadn't done. And when I tried to log on I couldn't, so I reset the password and when I finally did get into the account the account name/id had changed and there was a security question on the account.

Message 3 of 4 (174 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried this approach, spent 45min on the phone on hold before I gave up - as EA use an 0870 number in the UK that was costing me 33.3p a minute, meaning just attempting to call support cost me £14.99 without actually speaking to someone....

Frankly, at this rate it'll be cheaper to open a new account and rebuy my games, the hold system gives no feedback as to where you are in a queue, this is extremely frustrating.

Is there an alternative method of contact which doesn't require me to sell my kidneys to resolve a security problem?

Message 4 of 4 (163 Views)