Account Disappeared

by homerjsimpson135

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account Disappeared

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My NBA Live Mobile account disappeared this morning on my iPad. I opened the app and instead of going straight into my account, it opened on the the "Tap Screen To Play" screen which has happened usually if there is some kind of server error. I tapped the screen and the "Select an Account" window appears, but my account is not listed like it usually is under the "Guest" option. Eventually I decided to tap the "Guest" option and it prompted me to create an account from the start. After that, the new account showed up at the "Select an Account" window.

I set up a call with EA support which was not very helpful or supportive. After trying to blame me for the problem, I was told to come to the forum and warn other users about the issue NBA Live Mobile has and request that a developer might be able to assist me.

I was also told to just start over again on NBA Live Mobile although based on how much time I spent on the account that disappeared, it's very unlikely I'll use the app again if my account can't be recovered.

Hopefully someone can help.

Message 1 of 10 (2,805 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account Disappeared

★★ Novice

Thanks Tom for your reply. I was able to get back the account that was connected through my iPad yesterday. For some reason I was logged out of Game Center and so my progress was not appearing. Fortunately, I have my account back so I'm all set for now.

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (3,226 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Today I downloaded the EA Fifa app on my iPad and used Game Center for it. I then opened my NBA Mobile Live app and it my lost account appeared under the Game Center account option (probably since I signed into Game Center on Fifa)! I guess since I rarely ever select which account I'm using for NBA Mobile Live, I didn't realize it was through Game Center. Although I'm not sure why I was logged out from it to begin with.

One thing I realized though is that my profile on the EA website and my Game Center profile on my iPad/iPhone have absolutely nothing to do with each other, except a shared email address. So when I sent in an issue through the EA site about my NBA Mobile Live problem and spoke to the support member on the phone, I'm not sure what account they were looking at and commenting on, but it wasn't one connected to my iPad.

How would I have even been able to send in an issue about my account on my iPad, using the EA website, if that account only exists on the NBA Mobile Live app (an account either through Game Center or as a Guest)?

Message 2 of 10 (2,730 Views)

EA DICE Team

@homerjsimpson135

You are correct in that we would need to look up the account that was connected on your iPad.

If you've played NBA Mobile, then this will be registered with us. It is however unclear to me at this point which account that is registered with us, as I don't have the capabilities to look that up for you via the forum.

If your questions therefore remains unanswered, please reach out to an EA Advisor once more. I'm sorry that they weren't able to help you in a satisfactory manner during your last contact. That shouldn't be happening.

Do let me know if you have any further questions.

Message 3 of 10 (2,710 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks Tom for your reply. I was able to get back the account that was connected through my iPad yesterday. For some reason I was logged out of Game Center and so my progress was not appearing. Fortunately, I have my account back so I'm all set for now.

Message 4 of 10 (3,227 Views)

EA DICE Team

@homerjsimpson135

That is good news! I'm really glad to hear that.

Other then the slight mishap where you lost your account for a moment, how have you been enjoying NBA Mobile? Is there anything that you would like to see improved?

Message 5 of 10 (2,687 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I deleted the app, because it would not let me resume a game in season. However, I was not thinking and it deleted my account, which was a guest account. Is there anyway to restore my account even though it is a guest account? My guest account name was HandyAndy87.

Message 6 of 10 (2,670 Views)

★★ Novice

Yea, it's fortunate I was able to get my account back. Overall I've been happy with NBA Mobile, but I feel as if the gameplay while on defense could be improved. The player I'm controlling on defense often changes right when the offensive player is about to shoot or when I'm trying to rebound making it harder to play. I'm using the defensive setting that auto-switches to guarding the offensive player with the ball and have tried using the manual defensive option but it takes too long the switch the player I'm controlling. Not sure how much say you have in regard to gameplay, but thanks anyways.

Message 7 of 10 (2,660 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same issue
Message 8 of 10 (2,470 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi just want to ask about my lost account in nba live mobile it was on the guest when im using or log in to the apps that  i played.. i did not saved it to the google or fb thats why when i accidentally unlink in the settings my account was lost and i cant see it anymore.. do you have any idea for that sir and how to fixed this problem?? hope you can help me.. thanks

Message 9 of 10 (1,993 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@princebryan_04 Have you tried clicking log in as guest when you sign in? Your account saves as a guest account automatically on the device you play. If that does not work, unfortunately you will not be able to get it back. 

Message 10 of 10 (1,973 Views)