Accidentally Deleted My Sims 4 Mods Resource Folder (Help!)

by bethxjane

Original Post

Accidentally Deleted My Sims 4 Mods Resource Folder (Help!)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i have been downloading cc for sometime now on sims but the other day without realizing i accidentally deleted my sims 4 resource folder for my mods i finally realized today this was why my cc wasn't working and then scrolled through my recycling bin and took it out and placed it back in to my mods folder and my cc is still not working i have search the internet trying to find a solution and haven't yet came across one please if you have any idea please tell me

thank-you x      

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 1 of 4 (9,631 Views)

Re: ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY SIMS 4 MODS RESOURCE FOLDER (HELP!)

Hero (Retired)

@bethxjane

what i would try is this move your mods/cc folder to the desktop for now then log into your Origin in Origin right click the game icon-repair once that's done log out log back in make sure your sims function properly save as new name and exit the game check your game folders a new mods folder and Resource.cfg file should be created for you

don't forget to set the in game enable options for mods/cc well you know what to do for mods/cc then place them back one at a time place one back play make sure all is well save exit next mod play save exit  rinse repeat

Message 2 of 4 (9,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also a bigger problem for me is that ive done all of the tutorials on youtube. Also had cc adn mods before but deleted the file....

Message 3 of 4 (8,367 Views)

Hero

The file usually recreates when you start the game. If it doesn't it means the game is using a different folder than you think it does.

Are you using OneDrive ? That's the most likely culprit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (8,362 Views)